left over baits

Paul Boyle 2

Reaction score
hello all

Ive recently been out on the river and have found myself left some particle baits that are going of,In this case hemp,a few biolies that cannot be put back in the freezer,and some fish meal,that to be honest need chucking[got very wet],i was thinking of making up some paste sticking it into the freezer and using it when the winter floods come ,if we get any !. any ideas!
Also how long would you freeze paste for ???three month i hear,but not sure.

atb
paul

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

'twill whizz up into a decent paste just fine, especially if you use my super secret squirrel cheapie paste cheat - coop and / or sainsbury pizza base mix.

Add a sachet of the stuff to your whizzed up bits and then 'activate' by adding just a wee bit of boiling water and whizzing again for a second or two. The minute hot water hits the pizza base mix it binds everything everywhere into a solid ball and the yeast and strong flour binders go mad. After a half hour or so its perfect, sticky, but soft and works a treat. Just not too much water tho, avoid sloppy. If too much added then breadcrumb kneaded in will do the biz.

PS. Once made up it freezes lovely, no probs.

Yacko

Reaction score
Like Evan said you can get to a nice putty like mix that will stay on the hook by adding crumb. Just liquidize some white bread and add a little at a time.

I've made some great pastes in the past - never understood why I've never caught anything with them.