RULES for the Species Hunt 2007/2008

E

EC

Please do not post on this thread as I do not want it to go on to 2 pages, if you have any questions please ask hereon the original thread!

The first round of the 2007/2008 Species Hunt held in aid of Macmillan Nurses starts next weekend 17/18th November.

Simply put, the aim is to catch as many different species as you can on your own choice of venue/s on the given dates.

All FM members are welcome to take part but if you wish to enter you must do so by 11.30pm on Wednesday 14th November.

Entry is free, but most competitors contribute £5 a person to Macmillan. However anyone who is temporarily (or permanently) skint, just say you wish to take part. No one is belly aching about money and lists of who has/hasn’t paid will notbe published on the site. It is a charity event so if you can cough up then great, but the most important thing is that people join in and the event goes ahead.

The dates are as follows: 1st leg 17/18th Nov 2007, 2nd leg1st/2nd March 2008 3rd leg5/6th July 2008. A league will run from the 1st leg.

However if for some reason you cannot fish on one weekend, you still have the other 2 weekends to catch up.The comp will be 2a-side teams, with the draw made randomly, and online next Thursday 15th November, like last time.

Species caught must be submitted via a digital pic showing your team code number (to be given later this week) exact details of the draw and how to submit pics I will publish later this week.The overall winning team is the team with the biggest point’s total, ie with both competitors totals added together. So if I catch 5 species (5 points) my team mate gets the same 5 species and 2 other species (7points) then the team total=12 points, but my team mate is above me in the individual league as he has 7 species (7 points).

In the event of a points tie, it is the team (or individual) with the biggest specimen fish i.e. that individual fish which is the biggest proportion (%age wise) of the current British record from the aforementioned list, if this is also a tie, it is the next biggest %age wise and so on!

Competitors must state whether they are fishing for freshwater or sea species (except for Emmo who when fishing in the Falklands can fish for both), but the only species allowed are via this list(see bottom left) on the NFSA site.

If I have forgotten something, remind me or ask me and I will add it later.

E

EC

Just to clarify, competitors must state if they are targetting freshwater or sea species! If a species such as a dab is caught whilst fishing in freshwater then it counts, same for mullet and any others on the list.

Please do not post here, but ask anyquestions on the original thread! Cheers EC

E

EC

Regarding late entrants, i.e. those wanting to join in after the draw has been made, they will fish alone as a team of 1. The reason for this is that we don’t want a few mates entering late just so that they can fish together as a team, this would not be fair on everyone else!

Also if your team partner fails to participate for whatever reason you cannot team up with another single participant but you must then compete as a team of 1. I have put all names down for the draw in good faith, if I got it wrong in any way shape or form, forgot to include someone, or included someone whom didn’t want to be there, then sorry!

E

EC

In the event of a draw the BRFC weights will be those actually in print on the NFSA site when the competition closes on July 6th regardless if new records are pending or have been awarded.

E

EC

The next round takes place on 1st/2nd March, don't post questions here but on the thread linked above please!

Anyone wishing to enter does so as a team of one!