Fox DK Hitman Lure Rod

W

Wolfman Woody

One thing I forgot to mention and to be truthful, I only checked it this morning and that is the total weight of the rod.

AN UNBELIEVABLE 4 OUNCES! That's all!

I'll ask Graham if he can include that in the review too.

E

Eric Hayes

Good review Woodybutwhat is a screw mount Cable tie? Another thing, you can't see the handle in the review picture. is it a short one handed job?

W

Wolfman Woody

I was hoping that Mr Marzdun would have put up another article of mine by now in which is featured the Screw Mount Cable Tie.

It's an electrical cable tie with a ring moulded onto the fixing block so you can put a screw through it and fasten it down to something. The screw hole takes the lure's hooks and it tends to stand off the rod a little too.

Like these, but in 4.8MM size. How long doesn't matter since you cut most of the stuff away. I think these are the same people I bought mine from so if you ask the seller a question about 4.8mm black ones, I'm sure they'll have some.

I do - on sale for £1 each /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif I have seen other lure keeps in like the Bass Pro Shops and they're nothing like these. When you want to change them or get rid, just cut through the cable with side cutters.

And yes, it is a short one handed job, but still very comfortable. The John Wilson one is quite fat and tiring after a while, also a lot heavier rod.

E

Eric Hayes

OK I see now. Thanks for that woody I don't think I'll bother with the rod. I can't get used to the one handed rods. I have tyred the JW sixshooter and it just feels wrong unless you've got both hands on it, so too speak /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif I'll keep my eyes open for some of them cable ties tho, they would be useful on most of my rods.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I've added the rod weight Jeff and will use the cable tie article asap.

Y

yoggy

I have this rod myself woody. It really is a lovely rodI use a Shimano Citica with it and find it spot on for roving the Fen drains.

PersonallyI use 50lb braid. The Micro jerks are ideal to use with this rod but I have used lures up to 70grams with no trouble.

A few weeks ago I bought the new Fox Extreme jerk rodwhich is rated at 30-90gr. This enables me to use those slightly bigger lures much more easy.

W

Wolfman Woody

Champion Graham, thank you.

The Citica is pefect for this type of rod without a doubt. Despite the casting weights given on the rod, it will cast over, but the idea with all these single-handed casters is just to use them as a bit of fun.

You have the Fox Extreme, Yoggy, I use the Fox Special Lure - 60 - 100 grams. It's discontinued now, but still a great rod for chucking out big stuff.

Y

yoggy

Woody, I have been really getting into my lure fishing especially over the last couple of seasons. Its taken over competely from my "deadbaiting". After years of fishing the drains with deads I needed another challenge.

I just find the whole lure "scene" extremely exciting and interesting. One thing though I just cant stop buying lures!!!!!. Its just a shame they`re not the same price here as they are in the states!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

"One thing though I just cant stop buying lures!!!!!."

Yet another sucker! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

In fact, my daughter was saying that wages over in the states aren't as good as they are over here and therefore, what seems like excellent value(cheap lures) to us, is the same to them what we normally pay. In a lot of manual jobs the average wage is only $200 a week and yet here, it's £200+. £5,000,000 per year if you're a plumber, but then that's the same bracket as Royalty, isn't it?

Y

yoggy

My friends girlfriend came over her to live only this year and she said the same thing regarding the wages.

Her parents live about 20 miles from "Cabelas" so next time they go over [early next year] I`ve to give her a list of lures I want and she`ll bring them back.

Any ideas woody!!!!/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Rickrod

Reaction score
I use the D K finesse with a shimano curado Its so well balanced you can fish all day and it still feels light