Delkim alarms

chav professor

Reaction score
Any one fancy sharing experiences of Delkim 'Standard Plus' electronic bite alarms. Can they justify the £85 price tag...... I don't need a transmitter/reciever. Could these be the best bite alarms I could ever need?

Should I just replace my Fox mx's?

The extra sensitivity is tempting as it could be advantageous for pred/eel fishing using open bail arm tactics.

are they too sensitive? - will I pi$$ of every one else on the lake with constant bleeping:eek:mg:

Advice gratefully recieved.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The lowest priced delk's are great if your not bothered about a receiver. I think they're about 50 sodds. I have two of them and one of the mid range delk's and personally I'd go for the cheaper one's. They're just as well made but don't have as many pointless features.

chav professor

Reaction score
I do turn 'em down low S-Kip!:D:D:D:D They would be superb for your Bury hill Zander - though I still reckon my polaris float method with chem lights has some miles in it. Perch and eels fall for this rig regularly!

peterjg

Reaction score
The best buzzers are Optonic Magnetonics - I have fitted them with a volume control. The roller in them is large and therefore creates less resistance to a bite - especially useful for roach or perch fishing as they generally will not tolerate resistance and will tend to drop the bait. However; I have found that Delkims will show a bite better (and earlier) if roach fishing with maggots on a helicopter rig because the roach sometimes shake the feeder and this can be picked up by a Delkim buzzer. Hope this helps.

Simon K

Reaction score
They are the best Christian, pure and simple. Very broad range of sensitivity, VOLUME control, tone control, reliable. That's all you need.

I have a pair of the older style with a connecting lead and a sounder box. Wouldn't change them for anything. They don't eat up batteries, don't get affected by rain and, for eels in particular, show bites that roller models won't.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I do turn 'em down low S-Kip!:D:D:D:D They would be superb for your Bury hill Zander - though I still reckon my polaris float method with chem lights has some miles in it. Perch and eels fall for this rig regularly!

Good....I think a lot of people have no idea where the volume control and "off" button is on their alarms. Mine are set as low as they can go and its still more than loud enough for somebody who is both awake and in their own swim.

I've found it helps to leave your bait in the water longer than 5 minutes too.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Delks are the best option for any situation when full blown runs aren't necessarily going to be the order of the day. Roller type alarms I've encountered simply don't compare. I initially bought Delks for barbelling where I found that full blown wrap arounds, that didn't actually take any line, could often fail to be signalled by roller type alarms. However, sensitivity can be adjusted finely enough so that wind or flow doesn't have them beeping away like a demented R2D2. If all I did was carping, I would happily consider roller type alarms.

As for alarms annoying everyone else, that's entirely down to the individual user. Set them up and use them well and no one else need know that you are using alarms or are having any action whatsoever. Don't totally discount the idea of a remote though. They don't have to be about (illegally and irresponsibly) walking away from your rod(s). Use a remote and an alarm set up can be totally silent. I recently fished with a bit of a sceptic on this subject. He was quite surprised to have to be told twice that I was "in". Despite sitting no more than five yards from me, he never heard a thing from my alarms. If alarms cause a nuisance for other water users, it's down to the users and not the alarms themselves.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If alarms cause a nuisance for other water users, it's down to the users and not the alarms themselves.

I totally agree!

I use Delkim txi-Plus alarms together with the Delkim remote which can be set to be totally silent when necessary.

IMHO they are the best alarms on the market, not the cheapest but then the best rarely is . . . . .

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro

As for alarms annoying everyone else, that's entirely down to the individual user. If alarms cause a nuisance for other water users, it's down to the users and not the alarms themselves.

Very true...sadly there are an awful lot of very inconsiderate users out there....or there seem to be where I frequent. They get the right ar$e too if I have the audacity to mention it...or when I point out that they ought to reel in if they are off to the shop/caff. Remotes do not give you the right to go major walkabout,especially if you are predator fishing where its nothing short of criminally irresponsible IMO.

For what I do simple roller compacts are fine.

chav professor

Reaction score
They are the best Christian, pure and simple. Very broad range of sensitivity, VOLUME control, tone control, reliable. That's all you need.

I have a pair of the older style with a connecting lead and a sounder box. Wouldn't change them for anything. They don't eat up batteries, don't get affected by rain and, for eels in particular, show bites that roller models won't.

Cheers Simon - and every one else.... Nuff said! I am now a proud owner of delkim Plus red and blue electronic indicators. Its like entering the space age after making do with Fox M's (which are great for the money)!!!

I love eel fishing and I suspect that they may have a use for open bail arm fishing after dark for the old Chub!!

S-Kippy, coming full volume to a lake near you:D:D:D:D

terry m

Reaction score
Good choice Chav Prof. I have had a set of TXi PlusDelks for several years now, I never regretted shelling out for them.

In my opinion they are simply the best. Reliable in all weathers and if you do invest in the remote you get the anti-theft function which is sadly a real benefit these days.