Warning Internet Shopping

steveo

Reaction score
Hi....Just a warning....DO NOT PURCHASE anything from a web company called AAKAMILITARY,they have a nice glossy website,supposedly sell Snugpack,Buffallo and all the other cold weather/survival gear.They will exept your money and send you NOTHING,they will NOT REPLY to email concerns or confirmation about an order,they DO NOT EVER answer their phones,in fact they have many numbers ALL OF THEM DO NOT EXIST.The credit card company has tried to get in contact with no success,they are on the case now but I expect the worse.

Steve

W

Wolfman Woody

If you paid by credit card you will get your money back. It's their risk, not yours.

steveo

Reaction score
Yep Woody,thank you I know I will eventually get the money back,it does however take lots of time ,phone call's to the credit card company,replying to letters and filling in forms from the credit card company and generally lots of uneeded hassle and I dont want anyone to have to go through the masses of red tape B*******t that I have.Its not right
Cheers

W

Wolfman Woody

Aye, but it's better than losing your dosh if you'd paid by cheque.

B

Bully

Steveo as Victor says, its the credit card companies risk. And if they delay in ANY way threaten to report them to the FSA and the PCI Security Standards Council. Its their problem for taking a payment from the company.

Milo

Reaction score
PCI!? You're not in Security too are you Bully? (Holds two crossed fingers at PCI-DSS)

R

Roto Fryer 1

they are doing business with Barclays online.
yuk.jpg

click on the pic for a larger image

Reaction score
had a bad experience also like that, a company called wickford angling, they took my money, product never arrived so they said they would refund me and im still waiting! bin 8 weeks now ffs!!! would seriously reccomend u all avoid them like the plague!

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
To report a credit card company or bank or other financial type business to the FSA you first of all have to have made a complaint through their internal complaints department and been unsatisfied with their decision.

The FSA will not accept a complaint unless you've done that first. They are a body who regulate the industry but they insist you attempt to reach a mutually agreeable resolution before they intervene.

steveo

Reaction score
Roto,where d'yah get this information??..you are a Ninja,

An update on aaka military,Snugpack's reps have been contacted and have now removed supply of their products due to many people having the same problems as me.Snugpack have even been told by the so called director of aaka that a refund has been made!!"YEH RIGHT"...no repayment has been made,no one from aaka has EVER replied to an email,has MANY PHONE NUMBERS,WHICH DO NOT EXIST,HAVE NOT SENT A REFUND,HAS NOT SENT THE PAID FOR GOOD'S......PLEASE DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY..The cc company is still in dispute with them and is investgating them.

The good news a company called "Equiptment hut" provided me with what the products I needed they were fast and I reccommend them.

R

Roto Fryer 1

if anyone ever gets done like this just talk to your credit card or maestro. you will get your money back.

if you take cards as i used to do in my business they tell you that they can get the money back from you for up to six months due to fraud etc.

tommy

Reaction score
you should do your business the ebay and pay oal I had a prob with a seller and ebay took up my case and i got my money back in about 3 weeks

Jay Gill

Reaction score
Any one know how to get hold of the little Sc***um who is resposible for this web site

Or how to gain access to his web server or something? My wife has just been done over by them trying to get me a surprise Christmas present and is now terribly upset.

steveo

Reaction score
Jay Bad news im afraid if you paid by cheque or debit.As you will see From the start of this thread,I had alot of problems with them.Never got the products ordered.

The credit card company is dealing with it now.Wish I could be of more help.One thing though.If you live in London they have an address.Why not pay em a visit.

R

Roto Fryer 1

Domain Name: aakamilitary.com

Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com

Expiration Date: 2009-03-01
Creation Date: 2006-03-01
Last Update Date: 2007-09-12

Name Servers:
dns1.intellnet.net.uk
dns2.intellnet.net.uk