Billy Clarke tackle

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Port And Stilton Club...a sort of Northern Gentleman' Anglers Club a bit like the Masons only harder to get into. They drink Port,eat Stilton and spend the rest of their time deciding who NOT to invite to become a member.

The Treasurer is one Obidiah Harrison Morespiders who will almost certainly invoice me for unauthorised use of the Societies Name.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Port And Stilton Club...a sort of Northern Gentleman' Anglers Club a bit like the Masons only harder to get into. They drink Port,eat Stilton and spend the rest of their time deciding who NOT to invite to become a member.

The Treasurer is one Obidiah Harrison Morespiders who will almost certainly invoice me for unauthorised use of the Societies Name.

Well, I do like Stilton (Cropwell Bishop, THE best) and Port (also real ale and fine malt...sorry, bit of a **** head!!) so does that stand me a good chance of getting in????

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Jeff, who exactly are PaSC?
You surprise me, Mark, I thought everyone knew. They're world famous around Dam Flask. :D

As Skippy said "Port And Stilton Club...a sort of Northern Gentleman' Anglers Club" excpet that I would disagree with the "Gentleman" bit. Most of them have prison records, Jailhouse Rock etc., and you never see any accounts published because all the money gets filtered off to the Caribbean by their Treasurer.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You surprise me, Mark, I thought everyone knew. They're world famous around Dam Flask. :D

As Skippy said "Port And Stilton Club...a sort of Northern Gentleman' Anglers Club" excpet that I would disagree with the "Gentleman" bit. Most of them have prison records, Jailhouse Rock etc., and you never see any accounts published because all the money gets filtered off to the Caribbean by their Treasurer.

Sounds...Errr...great Jeff, I think!

A

alan whittington

Works wonderfully for me m'lud,had a good look round the reels,cheers.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Works wonderfully for me m'lud,had a good look round the reels,cheers.

Alan,
Clarke's is one great shop, only small, well medium if you count upstairs! but it is the best stocked shop I have been in, and I have been in a few. Everything is laid out neat and tidy and there is not a speck of dust to be found anywhere unlike some shops I could mention! All the Rods are stood up on racks ready made up.
I have been using Bill's for 15 years now and the main reason I keep going back is because of the service I get, absolutely superb! The reason I like Shimano and Daiwa so much is because they are main stockists of these two brands and they actually do stock EVERY item, very rare that they have nil stock, oh, and they do a fantastic spares service too!
Well worth a visit if you are ever in Sheffield...10 mins walk from the station up at the top of Brammel lane.
Take a look at the ''about us'' page on their web site, very interesting, tells you a bit of the history of tackle shops in Sheffield!

PS: I know they do not discount heavily, but hey, they are only a small business and have staff and overheads to pay. They have a living to make!

Last edited:
A

alan whittington

Alan,
Clarke's is one great shop, only small, well medium if you count upstairs! but it is the best stocked shop I have been in, and I have been in a few. Everything is laid out neat and tidy and there is not a speck of dust to be found anywhere unlike some shops I could mention! All the Rods are stood up on racks ready made up.
I have been using Bill's for 15 years now and the main reason I keep going back is because of the service I get, absolutely superb! The reason I like Shimano and Daiwa so much is because they are main stockists of these two brands and they actually do stock EVERY item, very rare that they have nil stock, oh, and they do a fantastic spares service too!
Well worth a visit if you are ever in Sheffield...10 mins walk from the station up at the top of Brammel lane.
Take a look at the ''about us'' page on their web site, very interesting, tells you a bit of the history of tackle shops in Sheffield!

PS: I know they do not discount heavily, but hey, they are only a small business and have staff and overheads to pay. They have a living to make!

Mark,several years ago i took the family by train,up to Sheffield,i'd never been,cost an arm and half a leg,i quite liked it,apart from the fact that the day i went Utd and Wednesday fans were being chased uphill and down dale through the town,trust me to pick a derby day.

watatoad

Reaction score
Link works for me - I wonder how much the drunken old duffer is getting paid to push the website link?