Vandals

Colin Brett

Reaction score
We had a bit of vandalism on our club lake yesterday evening [Monday]. Windows smashed on one of our fishing huts. Now they must have taken some effort as they are mostly perspex and damn difficult to break. The broken windows can be repaired without too much effort, OK it's bit of a pain, but the way they were broken I find annoying. Whoever is responsible threw SWAN MUSSELS at the windows. How they got hold of them I have no idea but the outcome was smashed shells and dead Mussels.
There's some sick individuals out there.:mad:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whoever is responsible threw SWAN MUSSELS at the windows. How they got hold of them I have no idea but the outcome was smashed shells and dead Mussels. There's some sick individuals out there.:mad:

Sick individuals clearly with some FISHY knowledge, Colin - mere vandals wouldn't have known that mussels even existed, let alone chucked them. Do you fellas have any enemies...?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sounds most odd Colin. I've noticed this year that there are a lot of swan mussels on view in the shallows of some of our club waters (due to the lower levels) if you have a similar situation maybe they used them as 'on hand' ammo?
Jerry

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not to our knowledge! No set lines either that we have found.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Again not to our knowledge.

"Intelligent", "creative" vandals, then - they're the worst.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sick individuals clearly with some FISHY knowledge, Colin - mere vandals wouldn't have known that mussels even existed, let alone chucked them. Do you fellas have any enemies...?

My thoughts n'all.

Eric Edwards

Reaction score
Swan mussels are incredibly long-lived, the creatures that were killed were almost certainly older than the creatures that killed them. If caught, they will probably get a severe letting off!

Colin Brett

Reaction score
The plot thickens! Our neighbouring lake has had all their pellets stolen from their lockup. Combination locks were undone and then put back in place. The fishery owner has now replaced the locks with more combination locks :) I called up some childhood skills and cracked them in less than 2 minutes. He's now bought some padlocks with keys.

We now think [as Paul suggested] that some cretins we banned for littering, may be the culprits. Dare I say they are from the travelling community.
We have vehicle numbers but doubt the police will be interested.:confused:

watatoad

Reaction score
Sadly if you want law and order these days I think you have to do the policing yourselves.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Sadly if you want law and order these days I think you have to do the policing yourselves.

I've needed the services of the police on three occasions during the last few years. On every occasion the police responded well and caught the culprits.

Unfortunately the police are not best served by politicians, who claim to be tough on crime and the causes of crime, or to be the party of law and order while at the same time reducing the number of officers and giving the criminal more rights than the victims of crime.

The sentencing and bail arrangements are also a total joke, two of the three people involved in acts of violence against me skipped bail, one is still on the run. The other two, one of which had criminal convictions running to twenty pages, yes, twenty pages, did not receive a custodial sentence. The politicians and the CPS along with the entire judicial system are the reason that there is such a degree of lawlessness and violence in our society and why we are at the top of the European hit parade for violent crime.