In shore Gill nets

cadius

Reaction score
Hi there fellow Beach anglers,With all that is going on with the Marine coastal Bill ,just wonder'd if many of you suffer the problems of un licensed small craft and the gill netting of our inshore fisheries.This makes the fishing of the beaches very un productive,as you well know fixed nets stop fish entering certain areas where they would normaly move in to feed.I'm just wondering how this pans out around the country?All said and done with cut backs the fisheries Officer will be hard pressed to check all that is landed by these people,i mean the area's that they have to cover is vast.When spending vast fortunes on fuel to travel to a venue to find it cover'd in gill nets it does extract the urine especially when most of you have had to buy bait etc.Tell me the criteria for nets (black flag)on the marker bouy (red flag)for pots.????
it is possible that some of the markers are actually pots for crab and lobster.

reeltime

Reaction score
see plenty of nets around sussex but think they are set by licensed boats , i think if set by an un-motorised boat then there's no licensing issues anyway d

cadius

Reaction score
cadius here thanx for the reply hopefuly the new I.F.C.A. teams will be able to deal with this issue.we shall see.