A very new newbie in Argyll

kradcliffe

Reaction score
I'm very new to fishing. Only did it a few times as a kid in Ohio. Went bait fishing in a hill loch last week and caught a trout. It tasted good and made me want to catch more.

I'm still trying to figure out what is what. Apparently, I am neither a fly fisher or a coarse fisher, as I would like to catch and eat brown trout. I would be happy to catch any sort of fish, provided I can eat it. I may come to the point of wanting to fly fish or maybe I'll someday see the point of catching a carp and then letting it go. I really don't know, yet, what I'll enjoy doing. The man at the local tackle store is pretty nice about advising me on bait fishing for trout, but I think I'll be very much in the minority around here. Fly fishing is obviously the done thing.

Anyway, I'm reading a lot of stuff on the Internet, trying to learn all I can about fishing, the different types of fishing, and so forth.

kradcliffe

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I learn a lot just reading through all the threads. So many new terms to learn!

Tomorrow I will go up to a hill loch with my son to bait fish for trout. I suppose bait fishing trout is *almost* coarse fishing. :)

Also not coarse fishing - Last night we went to the pier to cast off it. I caught nothing and lost two lures. :p But, I did spy some beautiful big mussels that should be easy to reach at low tide so there WILL be free seafood in the near future. :)