I want! I want! I want!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Okay, perhaps not the most interesting of threads here girls and boys, however I'm sruggling to find a decen pair of polaroid glasses that clip on over normal glasses. Being as blind as a bat I would appreciate any info as to where I can get these puppy's (preferably online)

I'm now off to water my guide dog and flirt with a lamp Post.

Cheers in advance!
Wahaaa! OUCH!

C

Carp Angler

I went away from clip-ons after getting some dirt between the two lenses and scratching my normal glasses.

Opti's are pretty good for prescription poloroids.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Had a look at your link, so cheers for that Rik, however, I'd still prefer the clip-ons. It takes a lot for me to be comfortable with a decent pair of glasses and to be honest, I'd just rather clip them on the ones I've got!

Any movement on this?

R

Rob Brownfield

Stuart, being a fellow bat, and having tried everything known to man, including tattooing my eye balls (well..maybe thats a slight exageration) I have found the answer. Without having to pay a fortune too! Totally agree with Rik, Optix prescription glases are the beez kneez..but, for my eyes, they work out far too expensive, well over ?200, so I went into my local shop and just tried various "wrap around" glasses from people like Fox, Opti, Shakespeare and some of the fly fishing lot. Eventually I found a pair that fits over the top of normal glasses. works a treat. Also, have a look out for "solarshields" These are purpose made for this...but I dont think they look cool enough..hehe

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've just had a new pair of the Loubsol prescription polarising glasses from Optilabs which I'll be reviewing very soon.

Don't go to clip-ons unless you absolutely have to, for the reason Rik says and because they just do not work the same as true polarising lenses that genuine prescription polarising glasses give you.

And from Optilabs they are much cheaper than you would imagine.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
OH OK! I can't win can I? It's like not being allowed out to play!

Seriously though, thank you for your help (although I'm obviously not going to get my own way here!)

Good advice, I'll be off then to go spend some money then! Bye!

R

Ron Clay

How much anyone, I am getting fed up of putting clip overs on

R

Rob Brownfield

Ron..Opti quoted me over ?200...but I have to have high index lenses or I look like I have coke bottles on my face!

Some optitions offer a polarising service, still expensive though..depending on the lense of course.

Stuart, u could always wear a pair of snowboarding goggles...works for me!..lol

J

Jon Moores

I've got Optilabs and they were reasonable, but I ended up getting a mate who works in the trade to put the lenses in a different frame as their's were not very comfortable. Buying them mail order is a bit of a disadvantage in this respect. You might try getting them to put lenses in a pair of old specs if you have some that you know are comfortable. Another option might be Dolland & Aitchison, when I got some normal specs from them they had the usual free prescription sunglasses offer, but for about ?50 you could upgrade to polarised lenses.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Just thought I'd let you see this as a similar thread was in the coarse section not long ago:

Paul Kendall said
"I just got some new glasses from Specsavers and discovered that they now offer polarised sunglasses as the free second pair - so guess what I now have a pair of prescription polarised sunglasses and have to say that they are excellent"

The thread is <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=2&UTN=2271&last=1&SP=&V=1>Here</a>

HTH