FM and AT on the Fly

pete proctor

Reaction score
I'd have thought the MD of emap angling would already have had a Sage. Hes slipping up there!

carl pepper

Reaction score
How do you tie those leeches, what material etc, they could be just what I need for my rainbow water.

S

Shrek

If you mean "Bunny Leeches", I agree, they are great on Draycote and a couple of small still waters I fish.

I had the pattern for them somewhere. I'll try and find it and pass it on to you.

C

Cakey

come on Graham who won ............................I wont tell anyone honest

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

OK, I had /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, Dave had /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifand Aran had/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. Honest!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Where you fishing in Earnest/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif --Gra'???

M

MarkTheSpark

Err, I am being thick, or does Graham mention where they are fishing in this feature? Or not?

Aran's a top chap - was my publisher for a while, and it was a shame he moved on.

S

Shrek

No, he doesn't mention where he fished (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) but I have my suspicions................!!

He's promised to take me there one day and, in the same breath also mentioned giving me a VERY EXPENSIVE fly rod and reel, so I'll wait and see /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

I'd go for the rod and reel and take it to somewhere decent; looks a bit of a bog-hole if you ask me..../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

It's a nice bog-hole though Mark/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Shrek, behave, and one day...

Ed:/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Cakey: on the memory card inyour D200/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

It's a nice bog-hole though Mark

Prove it to me and Adrian then, Mr Marsbar

(got him there, haven't I?)

S

Sean Meeghan

The Concrete Bowl here works well as an alternative to a leech tying. Tie with and without lead and fish reeaallyy sloooowwllyy. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<div align="center">
fly-tying-leech-001.jpg

<div align="center">
fly-tying-leech-005.jpg

This is the leech we used in natural rabbit, only died black for most of the fish we caught that day. The hook is tied to kevlar thread, threaded through the zonkerstrip and thenwhipped and varnishedto half a hook shank. Unlike most tyings of this nature the hook is right at the and of the fly where the fish nip at it when chasing.

Click on the images to view them bigger.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Sometimes, when the fish are lying deeper,we fish them with a shot added about a foot from the leech. Most of the time we fish them with no added weight andwithin 2ft of the surface.

You have to give them a real good soaking before they'll sink and even then they'll take a few seconds to drop through the surface when they've dried a little from two or three false casts. Very often the fly is snatched from the surface or taken as it drops and before you begin a slow retrieve. A steady and regular6 inch pull seems to work best rather than a figure of eight.