junior match prizes - anyone willing to donate?

thx1138

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am organising some junior fishing matches this spring, and we're looking for some additional prizes for the participants. We (Cheshire Angling Development Group) were counting on some sponsorship to help host this year's spring league, but unfortunately the funding bid was unsuccessful.

I am asking if anyone would like to sponsor individual trophies or prizes to be handed out at the events. A donation of £10 will provide a nice trophy with engraving, or a decent 'goody bag' for the section winners or individual winners at one of our four matches. I know it's tough financial times, but if anyone has a business, and would like to put a bit back into the sport, it would be great if you could help by sponsoring a prize or two.

We want to do everything we can to encourage these young anglers into the sport, and reward them for their efforts.

Details -
The spring league is the first we have hosted, following successful individual and team matches over the past 2 years. Teams of 6 young anglers (aged under 17) will be fishing a series of four matches, each hosted on a club water by a different club in the Cheshire area (Northwich Anglers, Warrington Anglers, Prince Albert AS and Bay Malton AC).

Cheshire Angling Development Group is entirely voluntary. I organise the events, with support from the clubs volunteers and coaches. There are no expenses involved. We will only use any donations to provide additional prizes and trophies for the children.

If you can donate, paypal is best, or we can accept a cheque. I can provide reciepts. We will publish all results on our website, and there will be photos of the winners, holding the trophies you've sponsored for all to see.
If you are really keen, and can get down to the venue on the day, you can even come down and present your own trophy to the winning anglers yourself.

See our website for evidence of previous events: Cheshire Angling Development Group

p.m me if you are interested, or email cheshireadg@gmail.com

Many thanks if you can help.

Tight lines,

Martin James
Chairman
Cheshire Angling Development Group

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've made this a 'sticky' thread so it will stay on the top for about 10 days . . . . . . .

So, come on guys, here's a very worthy cause for juniors, so it doesn't get any better than that, does it.

thx1138

Reaction score
Thanks to those who contacted me.

The first match of our league took place on Sunday. We had a good match, and all of the 30 participants caught fish.

Results are on our website. I'll post up some photos as soon as I get them. :)