tackle insurance

Reaction score
guys ive just done a days fishing and as it was a bit quite i totaled my tackle on the bank,i rounded it up to £2300 and thats not inc bait and bits an bobs,so im thinking i can at leastdouble that at wots left at home bivies bed chairs ect ect.

hmm time to get me some insurance i think as all my gears prob worth more than my car..any decent insurance companys out there please tell us your views are they worth the hassel ?

F

Fred Bonney

Ask your house contentsinsurers, if your tackle is covered first.

Lark

Reaction score
And if it is covered or can be on your household, make sure that it's covered for damage or loss during use -most policies won'tcover this(been caught out on sport and leisure equipment in the past).

B

Bully

.....but then make sure you never leave in the garage or your car. If it gets nicked from there the house insurers will say its invalid.

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
Bully, if the garage is attached to the house by a solid permament fixture such as a side wall etc, then it will be covered as part of the house as long as the minimum security requirements are met by the locksto it, doors, windows,etc.

Have suffered 3 burglaries myself to a brick out building that has one wall being the external wall of the kitchen, and the insurance company has covered it each time under home contents. Safe to say that nothing other than junk is kept in there now even though the security on it is better than the house itself!

Alnath

Reaction score
No cos Tackleguard went tits up ages ago /forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif

R

Roto Fryer 1

had mine on my home insurance as a special item (3500). its covered anywhere it goes. so if it was in the car, garage, on the bank or wherever

C

Cakey

Fat Alex has just lost the lot from his van and is in the middle of a claim .......I will keep and eye on it and see what happens

two things he has pointed out already is they wont give him a cheque they only send the gear direct from BOS !

and they wont accept his receipt prices ,only the full recommended retail price

and that's before they have even accepted the claim to pay out !

R

Roto Fryer 1

i think we may be able to blame big stu for this /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

insurance companies can try and insist on stuff like supplying direct, but your legal rights are to be in the same position as you were in the split second before it was nicked, or no worse off. If bennets dont stock something you had, you can still insist on getting it elsewhere. likewise, you dont have the right to insist on cash.... best thing is to get the friendlylocal tackle shop to bill them direct /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

if my gears ever nicked, i dont mind if they go by what bennets would charge for it lol!

C

Cakey

yeah I know what your saying Frothey but he has a £5000 limit which means less tackle for his money......if you see what I mean

F

Frothey

like i said, they can TRY and insist, tell them you arent happy with whoever and ask them to use the local one. they will try and haggle with them for a discount, but they dont have to give one

C

Cakey

I dont know if its even been accepted yet and will try and find out today !

Mad Dog

Reaction score
i got cover from 'e and l' over the net which covers my gear at home in the garage,in my van and as an additional fee- night fishing cover.

they take monthly payments and its new for old on gear upto 2 years old.

all this because fishing aint cheap!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif