Grantham AA Upper Witham

Gareth Davies

Reaction score
Hi all,could anyone tell me where i can get a Grantham AA book from please. I have always got them from Arbonand Watts but ive been told this as shutdown. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers Gaz

Gareth Davies

Reaction score
Steve

Thanks for the help mate, is this the only way of getting one as the guy atLong Benningtonbait farm told us that there is another tackle shop in Granthan that might sell them?

Have you fished the river at Foston/Bennington this year?

Cheers Gaz

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear Gareth,

GAA membership can only be got via Simon Sheilds at the address already given. The Gun Shop in Grantham doesn't sell the books to my knowledge nor does anyone else now.

A Grantham book doesn't entitle membership to Denton Res another GAA venue and you have to apply for that via Simon as well. GAA Trout Section is also seperate and has a waiting list.

Regards,

Lee.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Gaz

As Lee says, the GAA membership book is no longer available in any of the shops now that Arbon & Watts has closed down.

I've not fished the GAA stretch of the river at Bennington/Foston this season, due to it beingsolow and clear.Been waiting for the rain to put some colour in the water and nowwith the recent rainfall it should be ideal, so hopefully I should be down there next week, trotting breadflake for some of those big roach and chub!

I did fish the stretch controlled by Newark Fed earlier in the season after the heavy rain we had in June and July and caughtsome nicechub and one of those elusive Upper Witham barbel!

It's usually a river I concentrate on during the Winter.

Gareth Davies

Reaction score
Cheers Steve

Been waiting for the rain myself but didnt realise Arbon and Watts had shutdown so wont be able to go this weekend. In anyway sent for a book today so should sorted shortly and it will have to be the Trent this weekend, thanks for your help on this.

Gaz

Reaction score
ok, lets see about digging up another old thread!
Does anyone know if the info above is still right and what dates do the books run from? Do they start january or run along the season(start in june)
Im totally captivated by the upper witham chub at the minute and really want to fish further upstream.
Thanks for any help.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Paul

The GAA books run from June, but as far as I'm aware, are no longer available on the above contact number.

I did'nt renew my membership this year so I'm not sure where you obtain the books for this season, but hopefully someone out there may know.

Reaction score
ok thanks steve, i tried searching the net but only got the fly assosiation.might try ringing them and see if they know.

Reaction score
Yeh,thanks for that nige i see that stretch had changed hands when i was looking around on the net.Was hoping to find the info for the Foston part but as the barbel are growing on now wouldnt suprise me if it ends up as closed shop like all good stretches seem to! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

sumo

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I`ve just came across this site,while serching for trout fishing. If anyone wants a contact for G.A.A.or BOTTESFORD A.A who also run stretches of the upper witham, ring Brian Cross on 01949843164, or Mick Calcraft on 01949842776. Hope this info is a help.Steve