40,000!!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
According to the stats I see we have just passed 40,000 registered members!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Staggeringly well done to Fishingmagic, Graham and all those "responsible" at Magicalia.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get in there guys 40,000 members................39,900 lurkers.

Why don't they post on the forum?

Deanos

Reaction score
If all 40 kirzillion members were to pop just 50p into my tin cup whilst I'm flogging the "Big Issue" outside Pontefract Woolworth's, I would have enough cash to pay for big "Olga from Bolga" to visit me....and buy her a second hand tractor to drive about in....just like being home in Russia!

The Monk

Reaction score
how many are active though, or alive for that matter (present company accepted)/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
and out of interest in the statistics, how many of these are lady members and have you got a list of phone numbers/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
hahahah, nick you are a bugger.

Well done to all involved in FM i'm proud to be a member of here.

Deano's i think with the money you get from 'big issue' you better get some new underpants, after eating all them boiles, it can't be good on the bottom material/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Can the techy guys at FM get stats from posting data? eg of the 40,000 members how many are active on a daily, weekly, monthly basis or not at all. Can this be done? But then again if theis info is obtaine is it useful?

Any ideas?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

On Wednesday we had almost 400 posts, most days it's slightly more than that, and just over 3000 members were active, ie, reading and/or posting on the forum. Total forum posts is now 536,000.

This information is useful to a point but there is a lot of variation for often no apparent reason, ie, highs and lows don't match any closed seasons or times of year.

Reaction score
What's the definition of a lurker?

If I were to regularly read and anling publication but never write letters or contribute to its content does that make me a lurker?

What's a lurker in the contrxt of FM?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

In the context of any forum, not just FM, a lurker is someone who just reads the posts and never posts anything himself.

You can't relate it to a magazine as they are not interactive. Many of them these days don't evenhave a letter's page.

big T

Reaction score
Probably not write anything of intrest any way , well done Graham I bet this is the biggest thing you can handle at your age.