Northern European Record Catfish

M

MarkTheSpark

Top effort, my man, but let's be honest; you can't call catfish 'nice.' They're like reconstituted bogies with fins. I hope that one fought better than all those I've watched being caught on video, most of which have kind of sulked around a bit then come in like, er, reconstituted snot.

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Very impressive fish, how big was it out of interest? The previous record was 240-odd from Italy's River Po as far as i can remember.
The ones that I've caught have fought very well even on heavy gear - 8 lb test curve rods and 150 lb braid - often going on unstoppable runs. You're wrong about the snot bit Mark, that is what you end up covered in when you try to photogrpah one!

Andrew Huxtable

Reaction score
muck fe, that thing would suck yir nuts off quicker than i could down a voddie an coke

M

MarkTheSpark

The ones that I've caught have fought very well even on heavy gear

Compared to? I've seen all the Matt Hayes videos - Ebro, Soane, etc. For 30lb-100lb fish, they don't fight. A 30lb yellow-fin tuna. That's a fish that fights. Or a 10lb steelhead, or a 5lb mullet - if they got to 30lb, you'd need a boat road and 200lb line to stand a chance.

Catfish - the piscine equivalent of Chris Moyles

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
I watched an adult video once Mark, it didn't equate to the reality I knew!

Don't fight eh?

chris hart 2

Reaction score
Nice catch, i hope i can catch a whopper like that one day/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif!