Bungsam lan, Bangkok

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I jet out to Thailand tonight, followed an amazing 6 months travelling (and some fishing!) in India.

I'm hoping to fish Bungsam Lan Lake in Thailand for the huge Mekong Catfish it holds.

All the information on the net points towards guided services at close to a hundred quid a day. A bit above my daily budget of 15.00!! I understand you can buy a day ticket for around 15 quid which is fine, if only I could find the place.

Could anyone give me any directions at all?

Cheers

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You had us a tad worried for a while mate. Sorry, I can't help either.

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Ric,
From what I've heard it is now expensive to fish there.
You're making me very jealous, 6 months in India and then this! It si next on my list of places to go next year, i want an arapaima.
Stuart Gilham (was a well known UK carp and pike angler) runs a water over there, i can try and dig out his details and give to you if you want. He is somewhere in the south near Crabbie (not sure on the spelling).

W

Wolfman Woody

Watch out for those Thai girlies, Ric. Not all is what it may seem.

Hey good luck though, when are you due back in Blighty?

Reaction score
ric just ask one of the taxi moped guys to take you there i wont cost that much or failing that m8 ask in a few uk bars there are loads over there if you are getting a moped there agree a price first and tell him to wait for you the thais are very nice people i am sure you will find it very soon

kiwi fishingbangkok

Reaction score
ok Bung Sam Ran is in

Bang kapi
soi 42
narvimin road

if you have any problems finding the place then give us a call on +66 898 480811.

I can tell the taxi driver how to get there.

as for fishing costs they are as follows

1 rod 1,000 baht
bait about 500 baht
bungalow starts at 800 Baht

avoid the rush hour traffic

fishing is from 9am to 9pm and a new session from 9m to 9am

food is cheap and good!!

I would recomend fishing from bungalow 7 or 8
use lam as a bait mix it with coconut milk and water.
make the bait BIG and I do mean BIG about 6 inch round run you hook on 3 inches of doubled 80 lbs brad use a 3/0 hook and add some foam balls to the hook to float it along side the bait ball on the methode feeder.

now cast that about 2 meters out with it on the bottom, and wait!

any more info you want just google Kiwi Fishing Bangkok and you will find my page and email.

hope this helps as we like to promote information for Anglers.

Kiwi
Kiwi Fishing Bangkok

good hunting mate!!

gerry h

Reaction score
Have a look for ROTOFRYER ,i think he is in thailand ,he normally hangs out on the carp threads