In Search of Jewels

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Now I know what I was catching in the Med back in September; Glinders and Rainbows. I followed the same path as Lee with a cheap telescopic rod, float and bread paste as bait. Caught loads of little bright fish that pulled a 1lb plus test curve rod into a hoop, even straightened out size 14 hooks. Good fun. I also had black blobs (type of sea bream?) and a stinger (weever?).

Deanos

Reaction score
From Trent warrior to family man fishing....Mr Swords you are a man of huge contrasts!

Brilliant articles, helpful and influential and appreciated.

Reaction score
'I realize that fish do not have to be in possession of paired sets of barbules, enclosed within a fine suit of bronzed scales and weigh in excess of 10lb to make me feel contented and fulfilled.'

Couldn't agree more Lee. i would swap a session catching2lb plusmahseer on the waggler for a barbel pb.

Catching fish whatever size should always be a delight! Nice article /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Great Lee........bought back memories of a Hampshire estuary where i gave my kids crab hand lines to catch me bait, whilst i played mr serious

We ended up laughing so much at catching crabs (no, this was a family time!) that the "serious" rods were tossed aside.

I ended up with a back like that too!

N

NomadPaul

Good read Lee.....caught some lovely little fish off the rocks in fuerteventura. the only difference is that we bought a squid from the local fishmarket and used that as bait . Very tough on the hook and easy to cut up into small pieces with a small pair of scissors

CAT

Reaction score
Spot on that Swordsey,well told as ever.

Proper sun burn as well,i know how that feels mate!

gerry h

Reaction score
Great article Mr Swords

reminds me of my holsearlier this year ,the kids snorkeling (and one releasing my bait thanks flossy)the missus sunbathing and me perched on the end of rocks with an endless supply of red stripe with odd fish in between BLISS