casters

nicky

Reaction score
once casters have started to float is there anything you can do to them to make them sink again.

I'm fishing hemp and casters for chub on the river tomorrow but need to know what i can do with a pint and half of floating casters so that i can use them in the feeeder any thoughts?

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
Some people claim to have had success in making them sink again by pumping them in a pellet pump in the same way as expander pellets. I have never seen this be successful though.

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

stick em in the blender and add the juice and bits to some groundbait. Casters float because the space inside them is not all being used, once the fly starts to form inside all of the space taken up by fluid is not used anymore and forms little air pockets. Think of a ballaon with a toy inside, the only way to stop em floating is to rupture the shell.

Steve Holland

Reaction score
Keep some of the floaters for hook baits as they will negate the weight of the hook and look like any falling through the water column.

S

Sean Meeghan

Pour boiling water on them, leave for a few seconds and drain.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Alternativly...........get some fresh bait and fish with confidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicky

Reaction score
tight budget, and dont like to waste good bait.

always got danish blue cheese paste as a backup

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Think i would mix the casters in with the danish blue.....at least you get to use em!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I wasn't jokin when i said mix em with your danish nick........................just remember not to have a nibble!

nicky

Reaction score
that could we'll be worth a try, hope i catch something tomorrow after a 3 week dry spell chasing pike