Cancer patients to apply for fishing retreats

M

Mike Wilson 1

A brilliant initiative - well done to all concerned. Whilst on teh subject of cancer, and guessing that most folk here are men, please have a look at www.checkemlads.com a great site trying to raise awareness of testicular cancer.

Mike
Cancer Care Research Centre
University of Stirling

Malcolm Todd 2

Reaction score
This is great! But let's also think about the poor relation in the cancer club. Every year, prostate cancer affects thousands of men like me, and yet it doesn't attract a fraction of the money, the publicity or the research effort that goes into breast cancer.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I do agree that prostrate cancer needs just as much funding and research as breast cancer, but having gone through the dreaded 'breast' surgery bitmyself I can understand where they are coming from.

For a woman its much more than theactual surgery to get rid of the cancer, its also as much an emotional and psychological barrier to overcome as it is physical after the surgery/treatment.

As an old died-in-the-wool chubber, losing the right side of my chest has not bothered me one jot, (although I'll not be going 'topless' at Blackpool anymore) buthaving also lost a great deal of muscle massI do have severely restricted arm movements and I can see where the fly casting comes in.

Are there any places for chubbers/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif