Possible Pike Match

Jay Folly

Reaction score
I am looking at possibly having a pike match on my lake.

It is a two acre lake in Bedfordshire, near to junction 13 of the M1.

I would imagine using 12 pegs would be an ideal number. A £12 ticket, with the winner taking £100 in prize money.

Are there many pike anglers in the region? would you be intrested?

possible date of sat. 15th december.

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

hello Jay sounds good for me, e mail me with some more details. Hope its not too early as I have a works crimbo party on the Friday lol

Jay Folly

Reaction score
I thought 10am start with a 3pm finish, gives people enough time to arrive, have the peg draw, and the finish time gives enough daylight to pack up etc.

anyone else intrested?

Jay Folly

Reaction score
well, all the pike caught will be.............. returning to the water. There is an abundance of roach and rudd to keep them fed,I was going to have some removed by the E.A. this autumn, but changed my mind due to a rather poor fishing summer.

there seems to be a good head of fish around the 8lb mark, a 15 was caught in spring on a boilie!, and the biggest caught in previous years is a 28lb. Also, a rumour of a 35lb caught around 20 years ago.. how long do pike live for?

Jay Folly

Reaction score
Sorry,I onlygive out the exact location of the fishery to people who have booked. the lake has been run as a secret lake fished by appointment only.All pictures that have been in carp talk etc have been listedas "A private Bedfordshire fishery"I do take appointments for peopleto view the lake with the view to booking./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

ISN'T IT HERE :

TALLTREES

ASPLEY GUISE

Salford Road
Milton Keynes, MK17

Jay Folly

Reaction score
MILTON KEYNES!!!!? HOPE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR THE LAKE, AS IT COULD TAKE YOU A WHILE!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Is this it?

7 PLACES LEFT.

12 pegs. A £12 ticket, with the winner taking £100 in prize money.

9.30 peg draw, 10 am start. finish at 3.30pm

anyone wishing to use live bait must catch them from the lake. (Ok to catch them prior to match)

2 rods per person.

Talltrees Carp Fishery, Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire.

Call Jay on 07775 613235 or email for further details/booking

Jay Folly

Reaction score
Thats closer!

Milton Keyneswas a bit off the track ( about 8 miles!)

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

So Jay, do you spend a lot of time blaggingadvertising space for your fishery on internet forums without paying for it then ?

Jay Folly

Reaction score
Ahh, more cynical gits!

this is the only forum that i use. i came accross it a few weeks ago on google, as someone was looking for details of the lake. the fishery reports forum is handy for me to let the members know whos catching and what...

the google earth business listing is a paid listing. it is in place only because i am unable to have the web site released to me until nominet registry get a copy of the will & death certificate.

you will not find the full address for the lake anywhere as it is purley an appointment only fishery.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

This possible pike match is a good idea --but I've got a better one .........

Why dont 12 of you all send me £12 each and I'll draw a name out of the hat and send the winner £100 pounds ....

You'll save on travelling and buying bait --You can even sit at home in front of the fire nice and warm while I draw the name out ......

Jay Folly

Reaction score
Great idea, but wont it be a bit of aggro for you driving to everyones house to give them tea, coffee& sarnies etc?