Midlands Fishing Auction

Debbie Eden

Reaction score
Hi we are new to this site but are interested in the auction last week at Coasford Auction rooms with regards to the Ustonson fishing reel. We have a very similar one as pictured with the engraving 'Ustonson maker to the Queen Temple Bar London' on it. We would like to sell it but have no idea with regards to its' value. The condition is as good in our opinion as the one pictured.
Can anyone advise us where to go with this to get a realistic vlue on it. We have no experience in this field at all so would appreciate genuine advice.
Thank-you

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You could try Chris Sanford who had or still has an antique fishing piece in one of the angling mags. Not sure if it is Angling Times or not, but I think it is.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Debbie, do you know what the reel in this auction realised?......that would be a definate indicator of your own reels value.

W

Wolfman Woody

FOLKS FOLKS, FOLKS!

The auction was 7 years ago!

I see Anglers Mail do something similar by way of giving valuations.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

But it would STILL give SOME indication of the price they MAY get?

This B I <u>U</u> crap is the pits............i thought shouting was rude?

W

Wolfman Woody

Just drawing attention to something that might have slipped everyone's attention.

no need to get out of your pram, Paul.

If you read further I suggest the Anglers Mail too.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I have a buggy nowadays Victor, please try to keep up with developments...................and my attention is as good as ever.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You always were a nark Brummie .......

C

Cakey

blimey you lot must of gone deaf dumb and blind !

Debbie come and see me I will sort you out /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Debbie Eden

Reaction score
Thank-you Everyone, I will go down the route of Angling Times as that seems census of opinion.

Sorry about confusion re auction, picked that snippet up from google search and assumed it was a recent one In answer to Brummie's postI don't know what it fetched at the auction but was hoping there may be someone out there who did (when I thought the auction was this November not2000.!

C

Cakey

I was going to offer you £2.00 or £2.50 if it was a special Debbie

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
And a little bit more,

Also of note are a mid 19th century 2in. brass multiplying winch by Ustonson (£2,500-£3,000) and scarce ‘Kitchen’s’ Patent multiplying trout spinning reel c1920, (£1,000-1,500). Of the baits, a fine and rare “Maybug” spoon bait by Pflueger is especially appealing, formed as a beautiful insect (£1,000-1,500).
A similar model to the Utonson reel on offer fetched £4,600 at an auction run by Mullock and Madeley at Church Streeton, Shropshire last November – and that’s a mere nibble compared with the world record of £48,000 paid last year for a pair of Hardy White Chickham reels.

Bearing in mind the above, i'll top Cakeys offer and go to £5.

M

mark norris (ACA)

Enough of this penny pinching,I`ll go to 10 quid,cash.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
£10. 01 there, going once, twice for the final time, SOLD to the man from hertfordshire.

Sorry not you Mark, ME.