How Much?!

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

looks like it might get a bit damp in the rainy season. I bet the insurance companies wont insure it.

G

Ged

You could have problems with barbel breaking in through the bedroom window.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I could check for cards without getting out of bed.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Liam

Yes Britford, Salisbury, at the River Avon.

Ged,

Wishful thinking, not many barbel there, so far I only ever spotted one.

Baz

I'd check your card first to see if you intitled to check cards on MY river /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I was privileged to be allowed access to Claudia's private estate (but strangely enough one of her underlings flogged me a day ticket for £8.00).

Also, that area doesn't often flood too badly. The flow/height is carefully managed by excellent river keepers via sluices, carriers, navigation channels etc etc. The "flood" hits lower down the river!

Here's Saint Claudia in all her glory!
IMG_1400a.jpg

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

lOVELY PIC...LOVELY HUT!

But i need to know what the river holds before i put a bid in..........more than one barbel and the price will drop!

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I had some nice roach when I fished opposite that house.

The owner seems like a misery guts.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Claudia might get a bit upset when she sees you've described her as a "HUT"

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

From the footbridge (where I took the photo from) I saw a common carp of about 15lbs drift away into the shadowsplus a load of roach (newly introduced). The stretch holds plenty of brown trout, grayling, salmon parr and if youcan find them HUGE roach!

Start your bids at £50 (the fact that it's got carp in it drags the price down).

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
chub, roach, perch, bream, trout, carp, minnows, pike, dace, grayling too methink...those are the ones I know off, Peter J would be able to tell you more....

Anyway, the 'clubhouse' is mine

as soon as I win the lottery that is/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Mike, that's because there's a bl**dy great sign saying "please do not fish opposite our house"!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Michael

You right, of what I heard the owner is, fishing opposite the house is not allowed

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
As if I would take any notice after travelling over 200 miles to find a load of 2s and 3s in their front garden!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
And I thought I was the only one to know about the 2's and 3's (well 2's in my case!)

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I caught one, but had to go home early when others were feeding in the swim including a few giants.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Claudia.

With regards as to the checking of my card. There is only one thing I can say. Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Hmmmm.........i think i want a little more seclusion before i ask the owners if they want to part ex their shack for my des res on the banksof the Wye!

I see enough of you lot on here! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Michael,

No I didn't know, so my plot for next time is...sending him a official letter saying that prince charles is in town again and wants to dine at his/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif...if that fails, I'll send Deanos aunty Kathleen around, she'll sort him/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Baz,

You can see mine anytime you like/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Yam Yam,

You stay where you are mate....we got enough forgeiners here lol.....doubt thatanyone could understand you here in the deep s/w lol