My Approach to Winter Carping #2

• Thread starter john conway (CSG - ACA)
  • Start date
J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Interesting Dave at least you've got a bench mark now!
Did you take the water temp?

F

Frothey

that was a couple of weeks before that converstion! I did notice that the lead was still warm so it was at least afew degrees above air temp - air was 4deg when i packed up if i remember correctly.

i would also have the problem in that swim that the margin is about 2ft deep, whereas i'm fishing to the back of a hump in approx 6ft of water

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

It’s a long time since I did any physics, but it should be possible to graph out the water temp at different depths knowing the temperature at the surface. My own feeling is if you took the water temp at 2ft it’s not going to be that much different at 6ft. What I was thinking is, fish being cold blooded will seek the water temp that’s the nearest to their optimum body tempfor maximum efficiency. However, the need to feed may take them out of this comfort zone if food is easier to find in the colder water.

matt

Reaction score
Love the expresion in the picture Frothey lol.

Been waiting for this report. Can't you get out more regular so the reports arrive sooner. Ignore other priorities in your life, the FM regulars need you!!!