Fishing in North Norfolk

M

MattyB

Hello all,I am spending a weekend in Cley next to the Sea soon and want to have a crack at a bit of Pike fishing (roving with lures and dead baits.) Anyone know of any decent waters in the immediate vicinity? May also take the beach fishing gear if anyone has any tips on form for the local beaches.As ever thanks for your help!Matt

L

Laurie Harper

Hi Matty. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a lot of coarse fishing in the immediate vicinity of Cley (I visit N Norfolk pretty regularly as my mum lives up that way), although the Thurne system and other classic Norfolk piking venues aren't a million miles away. Depends how far you want to/can travel. Asking in local tackle shops has to best initial option, I should think.

C

Chris Bishop

There's no pike fishing in the immediate vicinity - allegedly - but they had quite bad salt incursion in the Glaven, the river that goes under the road near the windmill - and found dead pike.

There are a few estate lakes up there, otherwise head inland to the Wensum or R Nar valleys and there are day ticket gravel pits, otherwise you're an hour from the Fens where there's obviously plenty of water.

Cley's nice, the smokehouse does to die for kippers and there's a great deli called Picnic Fayre, plus a couple who sell crabs and run a small cafe in their house.

M

MattyB

Nice one chaps, thanks for your help, much appreciated. Quite happy to drive for half an hour or so.

I'll try to find a tackle shop in the area.

Matt

C

Chris Bishop

If you come up the coast road (A149) you'll pass Hunstanton Tackle, which is on the main road as you come through town opposite the police station/next to a shop called Fat Birds Don't Fly which has loads of bikes outside.

Otherwise the nearest is probably Cromer.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Ring Brights at Sheringham in Wyndham Street 01263825858 or brightsfishing.co.uk.

Used to to decent Pike fishing at Selbrigg nr Holt, Also worth a sounding out Lake at Felbrigg Hall (National Trust), Letheringsett Lake and Blickling again NT property.

C

Cakey

click on your name on any of your post

click on "change your face"

easy aint it ?

C

Cakey

Matty your 17 miles from Cobbleacre ........big carp,big cats ,match lake etc

I enjoyed my time there last year

they even have a few caravans but these are normally fully booked

M

MattyB

Thanks fellas, will contact Brights onmy way into Cley - the weather is supposed to be shocking this weekend though.

Might have to have a 'strategy planning session' in front ofthe pub fire first.