When is Sedge NOT Sedge ?

B

Birds Nest

Anyone catch the Barbel Gallery this week in the AM ??? pg 8... no 4... Erm I'm sure that chaps called Bob ?

Is the Dove sooooo Secret that you have to send pics in as someone else ?

Purely lighthearted....

D

Dave Johnson

didn't see that one, but as long as I recognise the background....

S

Stewart Bloor

BN, you know what it's like with us specimen guys.

You've heard about misleading reports on the venue, baits, tactics and so on....Well...I've decided to take it to a new level....send in a different photo completely...

Mind, they got a bit suspicious when I sent in my latest carp photo and used one of Wendy Perry....

Seriously, though, well spotted.

What happened is that the AM made a mistake and put the wrong photo with my caption. Tom Legge (Dep. Editor) contacted me the day before to let me know what had happened.

He sent huge apologies...no problem, just send me a huge cheque to cover my hurt feelings...

And I have been described for the first time as an angling journalist. Never though of it like that. I guess I've now joined the ranks of the famous, such as err...mmmm...ohh, what's his name?

It's one of these things that happens, I thought it was funny. Mind, they could have picked a Tom Cruise look alike, then my 'fan mail' may have increased from 1 letter per month...

In actual fact, check out Pilgrim's Progress today on FM and you'll get the actual photo of the Dove double - and it was taken in darkness as well so sorry no background as clues....

But also check out the Mail next week when an even bigger fish will in. Plus it will also be on FM as well.

R

Ron Clay

How many different tee shirts, pullovers, hats and jackets do you carry around Sedge?

Oooooh that one was below the belt!!!

The fishing on the Idle is great by the way.

D

Dove Bailiff

not so far from the truth
how many doubles?
same fish
same swim

M

Mike Parker

I suppose that section of the Dove will be syndicated very soon - to people who carry two T shirts around and fish in the dark! (probably coz they are so ugly they would fighten the fish in daylight:)ha ha ha

R

Ron Clay

By the way I am field testing this most incredible piece of kit - a plastic barbel.

It is so lifelike you cannot tell the different form a real fish, especially after is has been dunked in water. These incredible look alikes are now available at a price from ?2396. each. Varous sizes are available as well as unique marking so you can "catch" the fish several times and give it a name. Top of the range is a barbel modelled on a weight of 27lbs. This is going for ?12,000 to the lucky person who can afford it.....

B

Birds Nest

We could split the cost 4 or 5 ways, and get ourselves a 'repeat capture' saga going on....

R

Ron Clay

These plastic barbel are unique. Each fish is exquisitley fashioned and the manufacturing of each one takes up to 5 weeks of labour, hence the cost. The 27 pounder will of course be completely unique. No copies will be available. But think of the investment for ?12k.

Overnight - immediate fame. You will be proclaimed by the media as the greatest barbel angler ever, even though you have never caught one before. You will be offered a weekly slot in AT for ?200.00 an issue, that's ?10400.00 a year. You will recieve an immediate invition to join the BSCG, further enhancing your fame. When you "catch" your record it must come from an oscure section of the Derbyshire Rother which you have previously purchased. The photos will bear testatment to the capture. Joes Scrapyard of Eckington, will be the backdrop to the trophy picture.

From that time the value of this piece of real estate will soar. Wealthy members of the BSCG will be vying each other to purchase from yourself.

Or you could lease out your 1/2 mile strech of the Rother at say ?200k a year for a small exclusive syndicate composed of extremely wealthy BSCG members of course.

The possibilities are endless.

And for an investment of only ?12k.

G

Gary Knowles

Dove Baliff ??

Same fish - same swim ????

Sedge, you been upsetting people again ????

B

Birds Nest

Its not right you know Sedge, we all know fish like that are only in the Ouse... Not the Dove, or the Trent...

D

Dove Bailiff

we know there in the dove also
but it aint right trying to claim fame by sitting in the same swim for three days a week and catching the same fish over and over again and then publicising the pictures

very christian

B

Birds Nest

Well, I'm off now... I think the touchpaper has been well lit there...

D

Dave Johnson

you are working late tonight Barney....:eek:)

c'mon Dove bailiff, dont hide, at least show your name if you are having a snipe.....

unless of course you are a 'bailiffette....'

D

Dave Johnson

Terry, if you mean me , then yes, I know Sedge and have fished with him.....these snide remarks do nothing to promote forums, and someone dropping in for the first time may get the wrong idea of how this site works.

T

Terry Mann

Sorry Dave not you,
I had,nt seen your post at the time I was typing ,I meant our bailiff friend who appears to remain anon. As you rightly say
snide remarks do nothing except upset people.
All the best Terry