Very quick advice needed

Sapper 069

Reaction score
As you may be aware if you have read my latest notes I am a beginner !!

I have planned to go fishing friday 1300hr until last light saturday when my local water shuts until the 1st march.

The forcast for this weekend is bad , down in the portsmouth area we have been informed, gale force winds , lots and lots of rain etc etc.

I dont mind the weather at all as i have all the kit to stay warm, but will it badly effect the fishing and put the fish down so therefore should I stay at home , and plan for another day. or should i

GO FOR IT.

Honest answers please

K

Keith Finn

Where would you rather be?

Stuck in the house 'cos it's raining OR stuck in thebivvy , with a chance of a fish?

Upto you matey/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Keith

peter lawler

Reaction score
i'v had some great catches in bad weather just think, that lovely wind stiring all that grub up and blowingitin one direction and the fish following it ! its a goa. what if u get that 30,what if someone else gets it. hello hello are u there

teddy bear MBE

Reaction score
Had some of my best sessions in howling gales. If you go have a great day./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

twitch

Reaction score
Keep yourself warm and safe out there, you may just get a pb. GO FOR IT.

E

EC

As my old mum used to say

"You'll catch nowt sat in the 'ouse lad"

Sapper 069

Reaction score
Cheers lads , thats 100% them.

I will let you know how it went /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Royffey

take 5 kg of 12mm matrix with ya (premier baits) added robin red approx 1.5oz r red per kilo

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Sapper

Justlooked at the forecast for the next few days. Given the time of year, I'd say the conditions looked ok - alright, its going to rain a bit, but the wind's going to be west or southwest (warm) and the overnight temp isn't going to drop too much. Just make sure you keep yourself (and your PVA!!!) waterproof.

Oh course, that's working onthe assumption that the weatherman gets it right.......