G'day from Dorset

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
G'day One and All,

Exiled Northener now living (and loving it, large) in Dorset. Swapped winter leagues, bloodworm and 4oz of roach for chalkstreams, chub and la dolce vita generally.

Just an everyday sort of guy really but do harbour a darkside - would love to go back to where it all started 35 years or so ago and catch bullheads and stone loach as haven't caught either since. Any advice gratefully accepted.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Welcome to FM........One predominantly occurs in stony streams and rivers, the other lives amongst the gravel and stones of fast flowing water, hope that helps;)
Jerry

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Welcome, the Stour comes into it's own for chub from late Autumn onwards - have fun - I'll be down there!

One thing tho, the Stour just thinks it's a chalkstream! But apart from the Avon, the Itchen and Test are just up the road and available on a day ticket more than you might think.

chav professor

Reaction score
G'day One and All,

Exiled Northener now living (and loving it, large) in Dorset. Swapped winter leagues, bloodworm and 4oz of roach for chalkstreams, chub and la dolce vita generally.

Just an everyday sort of guy really but do harbour a darkside - would love to go back to where it all started 35 years or so ago and catch bullheads and stone loach as haven't caught either since. Any advice gratefully accepted.

your living my dream........ But like yourself, I would still yearn to have a connection with where it all started...... maybe even 35 years ago!!! The draw of Dorset is strong, we holiday there most years and I visit the Stour and Avon when I can..... but in my heart, I am a Suffolk boy and I don't like being out of the County for too long!

Advice????? I'd have to move home away from all those 6,7 and rare 8lb chub and satisfy myself with catching 4,5 and rare 6lb'ers.