How Many?

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I wonder how many others, like myself, have the intention of joining (Rejoining in my case.)the ACA but never seem to get around to it?

I've just done it online in the space of a couple of minutes. Twenty quid well spent I reckon.

The Monk

Reaction score
Good should Hammy, yes anyone interested in angling, conservation or environmental issues and fish welfare should support the ACA, compair how much you spend each year on tackle, permits, bait etc and how much you spend on preserving the sport

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
Thanks Monk.

It's the double benefit that really appeals to me to be truthful. I want to see the ecology of our aquatic environments protected both as an angler and a wildlife enthusiast.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes very well said Chris, we have many who share the same medium as we do for different sports disciplines, but most of whom don`trequire a clean water environment in which to participate

W

Wolfman Woody

Well done Chris.

My reminder comes through every year and gets returned with cheque. Haven't seen an annual report yet this year, just an update. Anyone else?

No doubt a lot of pressure on them right now with all the cases they have.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Redone mine by direct debit last week.

F

Fred Bonney

I thought the Annual report came out in the new year Woody!

The Monk

Reaction score
The ACA Brendon is the one you join first mate, its as essential as buying a rod licence

Reaction score
I'm going to join the ACA after getting back into fisging recently.

Is the membership period a rolling 1 year from joining or is there a fixed period? ie if I join now am I half way through the season?

I sent an email via the ACA website but had no reply.

W

Wolfman Woody

I think it is rolling Matt.

Mine always comes due in June. Anyone else? ...............................................

G

Gary Knowles

I set upa direct debit a few years ago that ensures I dont forget..

Like i keep doing with all my club cards

Angler Saxon (ACA)

Reaction score
I think it's a pity that more anglers don't join the ACA. The FM website recently announced that it's membership had reached 40,000 - yet the ACA membership is less than 10,000. I'm sure there will be many exceptions, but still, I can only conclude from these figures that the majority of anglers don't REALLY care much about looking after our waters.

J

John McLaren

Perhaps some are members of clubs that are, in turn, members of the ACA and they feel that is enough. It would be good if all ACA member clubs encouraged their members to join on a personal basis as well.

The Monk

Reaction score
different levels of participation, knowledge and interestthough Matt, thats the problem,. I suspect many won`t have even heard of the ACA while others probably don`t even realise you need a rod licence to fish

Reaction score
The biggest participation sport, but somehow burried out of the public eye/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

As far a I can see the perception of angling by none anglers is that it is somewhere between trainspotting and fox hunting - ie nerdy animal torturers!

Until it is up there in the media with the 'sports' then I don't think it's going to get the recognition, awarenessand help it deserves.

Then there's the occasional angler who just takes things for granted and litterloutus bastidus.......

Now I'm getting wound up and going off thread, sorry /forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif