NEW LINE WANTED

P

PROWLER

I am after changing my reel line and am looking for a good 15lb mono,low diameter,low memory,good abbrasion resistance any recomendations.Have used fox barbuster before now but the memory is utter poo !,Our kid recommends diawa sensor or nash bullet what do any oh you think

Oh i only use braid when drifter fishing dont like to use it any other method any idea's please

thanks /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Mad Dog

Reaction score
i was using x-line in 12lb bs but it was bad on memory effect off the spool so i gave terry eutace pro-clear a go in 12lb bs and its great.

had a '40' out on it recently with no problem at all/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Nothing at all wrong with Daiwa sensor.

Don't just read the breaking strain of a line, look at the diameter as well.

Bear also this in mind, Daiwa Infinity Duo Monofil is made to IGFA test strains so although it will appear thinner than most others, it will also break to within a couple of percent of it's stated breaking strain, it HAS to. So a 15lb in that will break at no more than 16.5 lbs. If you want a buffer go for 18lbs in that line.

This is where the silliness begins though, most lines break above their stated strain, but if you look for something between .35 and .38mm diameter you should be around the right area.

Take a look at Kryston Snyde if you want it to sink well, or even Wychwood Extremis or Nash Bullet. All good lines.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Try Kryston Snyde in 13lb, excellent line, or if you want a bit bigger bs try the 16lb , you'll not go wrong with it. Sinks like a stone.

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Have a look at the Tackle Box web site, they've got a line test section which makes interesting reading, note the diameters!!!!!http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/

P

PROWLER

Do you now see the problemin choosing a good all round mono line 5 have been mentioned in this thread already, allare being used to good affect by all who mention them.

I will take a look at them all and make my mind up very carefully, see there is nowt worse than buying and loading a crap line to your reels only to find out soon as your on the bank.

Cheers your your resonse.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Depends how much you are prepared to spend Prowler. The Snide is around ?12.99 and it sinks like a stone so you dont have to back lead if you dont want to. Where as the Proligic XLNT is ?9.99 and i found that to be a brilliant line. Its got a lot of stretch in it, its 2 different colours and ive had fish on it. It depends on the lakes you fish has to what line you use.

R

Roto Fryer 1

x line is rubbish

i dont ever buy anything from nash

tried em all and technium is by far the best

you get what you pay for and you pay with experience. 40 years of fishing tells me Technium

alright?

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

J

Jim Crosskey 2

For what its worth, I really rate Daiwa Sensor, tough as old boots. Sometimes, I think that if it was three times more expensive, Daiwa would sell loads more of it because it's so cheap you feel as if you're making a bit of a leap of faith just to use it.

However,now I have made that leap I can'tsee me ever changing....

Mad Dog

Reaction score
look at the line tests as previously mentioned by clicking near the bottom left of the home page of www.tacklebox.co.uk and most common line is tested.

my pro clear in 12lb bs breaks at 14.5 which is fine and has a diametre of 0.29 so thin and strong!

most have to be 0.35 to boast higher break results but wont be sogood on linememory results.

some-'no names'- break before their stated rating/forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif

steveo

Reaction score
Technium is very good but it dont get my vote cos of its colour.

Diawa Sensor...IS S**T..It may be cheap,why?..cos its no bloody good and is false economy.It is ok for a couple of weeks and then it gets damaged and becomes brittle.

My opinion and what I always use, Big Game or pro clear

At the end of the day,use what you are most cofident with

cheers

Mad Dog

Reaction score
pro clear got me a '40'-front cover carp-talk this week/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

peter lawler

Reaction score
<ul>[*]prologic XLNT comeo 0r clear are great lines for my river fishing 15lb on my fox flood water rods and i use 12lb for breaming on big pitts.i bought mine from climax tackle at dronfield,give it a go you'll not be disapointed.tight lines.[/list]