golden barbel

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I've just come across this picture....apparently this chap caught a golden barbel on the Ribble.

I have never heard of a golden barbel....is it a trick of mother nature?

1GOLDBARB.jpg

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
So it's FLASH you think yam yam?/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I honestly don't know my ickle bierfest...........i can honestly say i have seen hundreds of barbel but never a golden one.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes its a trick of nature Claudia, actually a defective gene, you occassionally see it in tench and pike, many years ago i used to fish a canal between Oldham and ashton called the Bardsley canal it had an unusually high number of small golden tench, tench however are strange and do naturally run through a spectrum of colours from light green to almost black and very dark browns, somewhere in the middle is gold, but apparently it is rare, somne however have been genetically modified and you do occasionally get blue tench, golden pike however are very rare, but they do occasionally occur.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Well spotted on the photo section Santa Clauds,may I be so bold as to be the first to give you a snog under the FMmiseltoe .

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Could be mistaken foran orfe ......

big gus

Reaction score
Seems odd that aphotographic blip, alone, could make the fish look like that?

It does appear to be more orange-coloured than normal.

Intersting. Any boris experts out there shed any light?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
There was a second Photo, this time in daylight

I will post it here but I do not know the original poster, so sorry if I am ot supposed to post it here.
1littlegoldbarb.jpg

oks like a genuine one to me

teddy bear MBE

Reaction score
I wish you would get dressed Claudia, your steaming my glasses up./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Considering the colour balance of the rest of the image Graham it would had to have been 'Photoshopped' to get that orange.

The flash might be making it look a bit more luminous than normal daylightbut the colour looks true to me.

H

Headmaster Hinchley

I know the angler and the fish in question is 100% genuine. To my knowledge it has been on the bank at least 3 times , but not to me .

Would love to see it grace my net sometime.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes its a trick of nature actually a defective gene, you occassionally see it in tench and pike, many years ago i used to fish a canal between Oldham and ashton called the Bardsley canal it had an unusually high number of small golden tench, tench however are strange and do naturally run through a spectrum of colours from light green to almost black and very dark browns, somewhere in the middle is gold, but apparently it is rare, somne however have been genetically modified and you do occasionally get blue tench, golden pike however are very rare, but they do occasionally occur.

matt

Reaction score
yes its a trick of nature actually a defective gene, you occassionally see it in tench and pike, many years ago i used to fish a canal between Oldham and ashton called the Bardsley canal it had an unusually high number of small golden tench, tench however are strange and do naturally run through a spectrum of colours from light green to almost black and very dark browns, somewhere in the middle is gold, but apparently it is rare, somne however have been genetically modified and you do occasionally get blue tench, golden pike however are very rare, but they do occasionally occur.

gerry h

Reaction score
ribblesunset.jpg

email.gif

Send to friend

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
yes its a trick of nature actually a defective gene, you occassionally see it in tench and pike, many years ago i used to fish a canal between Oldham and ashton called the Bardsley canal it had an unusually high number of small golden tench, tench however are strange and do naturally run through a spectrum of colours from light green to almost black and very dark browns, somewhere in the middle is gold, but apparently it is rare, somne however have been genetically modified and you do occasionally get blue tench, golden pike however are very rare, but they do occasionally occur........

Geeez there has been a lot of goggling going on lol

Guys guys.....honest I DO NOT look anything like my avatar, I wish I did but I don't/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif,

so my cuddly teddy, dimist your glasses before you stumble over your feet

Gav, of course you can but no tounges please, my dentures might fall out/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

teddy bear MBE

Reaction score
S--t another illusion shattered and I've only just got over being told there's no Father Christmas.

Your' a wicked woman Claudia./forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Oops......don't spose anyone told you about the easter bunny yet!?/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

I know.....and I love it muhahahaha/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif