Ok Ok Already

Sapper 069

Reaction score
Well cheers for that everyone , yes I did get wet , but you werecorrect as I caught4 Fishfrom 3pm fri to0730am sat, 14lb and the biggest 21lb 5oz Common, picture to follow if I can sort out how to do.

Stuck with my single pineapple (gulged for 48hrs) and a small bag of pineapple pellets, casting in the same spot.

One problem I had was the optonics stopped working due to the rain, was there something I could have done to them, or is just a cheapo set, the buggers are working now after I have dried them out at home.

Still, well happy. Cant wait for my water to open in Feb , on the lookout now for somewhere else to go.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Well done in going for it.

What area do you fish in?

I like to get out for the odd bit of winter Carp fishing, might be able to suggest a few places.

Sapper 069

Reaction score
Mitrandir , hy ya mate , south hampshire area, but ready to go further !!!!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
sapper you have mail

(might have gone to your junk mail)

C

Cakey

Sapper in the pouring down with rain I use umbrellas made from coke bottles

will post a picture here tomorrow

C

Cakey

Sapper cant get out to take the pictures at the mo but ....

cut the bottom of a 2litre bottle of drink

cut two slots just over the widthof your rod opposite each other

the slots need to be 3.5 inches long

set the rod up on the buzzer and place "brolly" over the top

the good thing with these is you can still see all thelights and when you stike they fall off ready to use again

C

Cakey

by the way the smaller coke bottle works on a lot of the more modern smaller alarms

The Monk

Reaction score
Inthe old days of the heron alarms we used to usae something called a rail engine, it was basically a piece of curved plastic which went over the top of the buzzers held inplace with a bit of plastercine (Ino blue tac in those days) as you struck the plastic bit just flew off, they worked well though "Rain Engines" you heard it here first!

captain carrott

Reaction score
alteranatively.

cut the top and bottom off the coke bottle.

then cut the plastic tube length ways.

araldite a washer onto one side of the length ways cut.

screw onto bank stick below the alarm.

place rod in tube

Reaction score
Alternatively, buy alarms that are actually waterproof!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Joking apart would you buy fishing boots that weren't weatherproof? If your alarms don't work in the rain, thenI would suggest that you have been sold a product that is not fit for purpose and would, therefore, be entilitled to return them and claim a refund.

There are plenty of alternatives on the market, so this isn't an advert for buying stuff you can't afford. Forgo all the fancy gizmos promising tone, volume and sensitivity and go for a cheap basic model from a reputable manufacturer. Don't forget what you actually want from a buzzer - it goes off when you get a bite. That's it!

F

Frothey

I would suggest that you have been sold a product that is not fit for purpose and would, therefore, be entilitled to return them and claim a refund

only if it claimed to be waterproof on the packaging....

cant say i've ever had a problem with my delk's.....

Sapper 069

Reaction score
Thanks everyone /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif, firstly , it looks like it has happened before to a few , good detail cakey , I will try it out.

Secondly , I have already contacted the supplier , andim waiting for a response./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

sapper

you can send them to me for waterproofing.................

alan

Reaction score
Cakey, how much do you charge for waterproofing? and how do you do it?

i have a set of 3, perca ultra carp. not had a problem with them yet, but.........

Sapper, where did you go in the end?

C

Cakey

they go into a ultra sonic bath for cleaning then I paint them with PCB waterproffing paint then I seal the cases

4 quid per alarm