newbies

tony hyland 3

Reaction score
i was looking throught some carp sites when i came across a discussion on newbies,a few lads said that they were takeing up to much space on the site.well how do they expect to learn if they can not ask for help.i have not been fish for long,and reading there commnents it puts people like me of asking questions,they might not seem much to the more experieace fishing lads like you lot,but they are quite serious to the new lads,like me. but i have to say i have not come across any of this on this site.do you lads think that newbies take up to much space on the site. just thought i would ask.

davie

Reaction score
how can a newbie take up to much space/time..the worlds going crazy i tell you./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
When I was a newbie on here I asked silly questions (still do as a relative novice) and have found 99% of the replies very helpful, I have been on Fish ins and found everyone helpful and friendly.

This is a newbie friendly site, as long as you understand there are some sarcastic old mick takers on here too!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tony,

I've been on FM for quite a while and I cannot remember a time when a new member was not warmly welcomed. As to asking questions, just go for it and I think you'll find a lot of good experienced anglers offering sound advice.

Alternatively take a search through some of the excellent beginners articles, (particularly Mark's) and then if you still have questions I'm sure a lot of FM'ers will be there to help, either on a forum thread or my PM.

captain carrott

Reaction score
There are loads of new or inexperienced people who come on here asking silly questions, then apologisefor asking the silly question.

the only thing they dont understand about it is, a serious question can't be silly if some one doesn't know the answer. The only thing that makes things difficult is when some one comes on and askes something along the lines of how do i catch fish.

when they actually want to know about a specific species or method. so if anyone has a question, ask away, in as much detail and with as much info as you can give. then we will attempt to answer it.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

ok carrott Hers one . How do i get her indoors to leave home , take the kids with her and all the credit cards, But leave all the money and new car behind. Oh and the cleaning lady ( she's nice).

alan

Reaction score
thats easy, "enjoy" the cleaning lady, and empty the account, disconect car battery.

h-i-d finds out and leaves. takes kids with her. take cards etc with her.

captain carrott

Reaction score
put her on ebay you fool, once she's sold it's a legally binding contract and she can't go back on it.

you can sell the kids to a rich arab as cesspit cleaners and bottle washers the same way too.

this has the added benefit of giving you a few bob to blow on the high life and a bunch of young floozies with absolutely no morals and very little clothing.

The Monk

Reaction score
"How do i get her indoors to leave home , take the kids with her and all the credit cards, But leave all the money and new car behind. Oh and the cleaning lady ( she's nice). "

Its a gift, it comes naturally/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

alan

Reaction score
the captains idea sounds much better.

what do you think a kid seeing 4 shrinks a week will fetch? can i charge extra?

captain carrott

Reaction score
sell that one into medical science, you should make a killing.

those shifty biologists are always looking for nice fresh specimens for their experiments in reanimation.

captain carrott

Reaction score
Its a gift, it comes naturally

to be fair though monkn didn't one of yours once leave with the carpet?

alan

Reaction score
i wish i could.

not a joke, i really wish we could find some where for him to go.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

before this gets out of hand . I want you to know that i love her to bits , she supports me in all my fishing and my general well being.I am a lucky bloke.

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Tony, surely the whole idea of a forum is the exchanging of info between the members?

Ask away mate, you'll find some realclever chapshere. (Hard to believe readingthrough that little lot above but true I assure you..../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif)

Andy M

Reaction score
As a newbieish, I have benefited enormously from the generous answers I have received to a whole host of different, often prettynaivequestions I have posted. Always answered in the best possible spirit of helping others and I look forward to the day that I might be able to give something back - crate of booze perhaps?

I would say, however, that I think it is important that before you ask a question you do read the many brilliant articles that are on the site and have a quick search of the threads; a true mine of information. This avoids too many repeats and very general questions as mentioned above.