Sedge quits forum

C

Chris Bishop

I was a disappointed to read Sedge's comments RE leaving the forum - and particularly that the abuse which caused it surfaced here.

No offence to Graham M, you can't watch it 24 hours a day.

Sedge is one of several respected people who have stopped having anything to do with forums like this because of the abuse and backbiting they've suffered.

Anyone got any thoughts..?

D

David Will

I would be very sad if Sedge stopped posting here. FM is the best Fishing site and other than a couple of instances the nonsense that occurs on other sites is non existant.Please think again Sedge.

S

Stuart Bullard

And I just posted under Ron Clays post that I thought this doesn't go on here. Where did Sedge say this?? I am stunned......

R

Ron Clay

I think this forum is the best in the angling world. Howver there are always going to be occasions when people are upset or when someone comes along slagging people off with a negative slant to how they do it.

Generally when you get criticised on FM it is in good spirit and taste. Sometimes you deserve the flak, but at the end of the day we are all human and can make mistakes.

If Sedge goes I shall be most upset. In the time I have known him I have found him to be an outstanding character and this has nothing to do with his profession.

Don't go for goodness sake Sedge. You are one of the people who have made FM the success that it is.

You are a great credit to this website.

S

Stuart Bullard

OK - I am up to speed now. I am really surprised that Sedge let some plonker called Chub baliff get under his skin. I would have thought he could see thru this baiting technique, unlike the six different barbel who have succummed to his own baiting techniques.

Sedge, if you dont contribute anymore, then he has won. Sorry to be blunt.

R

Richard Drayson

Very well said Ron! As has been said many times before, it's the people that make this forum the success that it is, just like the old mailing list.
Unfortunately, there will always be people joining the forum who spoil things for others, alleging this and that along with personal attacks.
Veterans of the forum will well remember the trouble we had with a certain taxi driver, there were even threats of violence!
Graham, please have a quiet word with Sedge, for all our sakes.
Sedge, please, please would you try and find the time to reconsider.
Your loss on this forum would feel as though I had lost a very good friend.

P

Paul Thompson

Graham, Tell Sedge he's not allowed to stop posting.

Sedge, if you are reading please don't stop. As you can see we all enjoy your postings, and it would be a crying shame to lose you because of a complete coward.
Please reconsider
Paul T.

(If you do stop, then we'll be forced to start a 'Bring back Sedge' campaign...)

W

Wendy Perry

Sedge cmon back please the guys on here have asked me to get on my knees i told them that vicars don't do that LOL...... so i'll get on my knees and just say PWEETY PWEESE COME BACK :eek:)

Wendy

V

vince battams

eh come on sedge u gotta come back now especially as wendy is on her knees, how could anybody resist wendy on her knees.

P

Peter Waller

Some posters deserve the sniping and abuse that they get, Sedge is not one of them. If Sedge is leaving the forum then the wrong man has won. As the saying goes, 'Turn the other cheek'.

M

Malcolm Bason

I have not read the comments that have caused the problem, so cannot comment on what has been said!

However, I have met Sedge, albeit briefly, and found him to be a great bloke! Sedge has a brilliant sense of humour, an excellent knowledge of our art, and I'm sure, if he could, he would do anything for anyone.

Even if you do look a bit of a tart all in red - or was it pink? We all think a lot of you mate, so please reconsider.

The place will not be the same without you!

J

John Pleasance

I can't claim to know Sedge at all other than from what I've seen on here, so if a plea from someone you don't know and who doesn't know you can help, then I will make one now.

Please don't give in to the petty minded jealousies of one person,I am sure if you see it through,with the support of the large majority of people on here,then you will still be here offering and receiving advice and hopefully enjoying a bit of banter for a long time to come.

I can appreciate you don't feel you should have to "see it through" but there is always going to be someone somewhere who only wants to spoil things.If you have enjoyed being involved with the forum then we have also enjoyed you being here and would like you to remain here.

Come on Sedge don't let them get away with it.

D

Dave O'L

I've just got up to speed. As some may have noticed I have been absent a bit & will be again as things are a bit busy at present.

The thing is this site and people in it have become like a friend always there & dependable. It has an integrity that can only come from members such as Sedge.

I do hope you feel you can reconsider Sedge & feel supported by the rest of us. It was you this time, there will be someone else another time (someone may well accuse me of catching fish).

DB can't & shouldn't win. I just feel that for people like that we shouldn't even dignify their posting with a reply. That would irritate them more.

A

Alan Roe

Sedge; Like many others I am mystified as to what lies behind all of this, but it does sound like Dove Bailiff could make use of my Professional services!!

It is a sad fact of life that those of us, who in whatever arena, poke their heads over the parpet are liable to be shot at!

Like you Both Martin James and myself have come in for some stick at times Martin the more so as he is a professional angling journalist, I do it to help others though a few bob comes in handy now and then!

You have to realise that you are worth more than the knockers. Their underlying beef is that they are jealous that they haven't got the ability to write as well as you or probably fish as well as you have been doing!

The fact that the gutless little wonder has to hide behind an alias speaks volumes in itself.
As you can see there are many who have enjoyed your contributions to the forums and I count myself amongst that number and have enjoyed the good natured sparring that we have done over these forums!

So I would ask you to rise above the mouthings of this cretinous nonentity and return to sparing duties......

Or I might just have to come and listen to some of your sermons.....! ;-)

P

Phil Hackett

Sedge
If you stop posting I’m complaining to the Bishop that you are not providing adequate pastoral care to you flock!

Nor will I give you the secret of how to bag up on Os with the bream.

So which is it to be, the carrot or the stick?

Stick and stones ………… Mate!

K

Keith Miller

Rise above it, Sedge. Your credibility is not in doubt.
Do not allow yourself to be intimidated by some nameless and faceless coward.

M

Mike Parker

Sedge,

Wendy on her knees, do you know how painfull that is so soon after a hip - op?
I can't match that! I don't think you would want it anyway.
I think it has all been said in the previous messages.
I know that you have probably got the willpower to resist our pleas. You are probably in a unique position in that your calling can take you away from the ones, and places, you love. So to sit on the sidelines and not get dragged in to the forum should be 'easy peasy'.
Please come back were missing you already

K

Kevan Farmer

Ok. I don't know for one second what has happened other than there has obviously been some immature posting by a person who does not have the guts to put his name to it. Now that says it all to start with. I've seen this situation before. A very good friend of mine briefly left the 'Internet Fishing Club - Coarse' section. This was also down to some irresponsible snipes. Everybody rallied round and eventually the guy came back, thankfully. Like this friend, you Sedge, have a lot to share with the greater world of angling. Please don't turn the light out on us. If you do read this, reconsider.

Kevan

K

Kevan Farmer

I've now checked out the posts. Whoever the guy is I know what he is up to. There are a number of newsgroups that have been effectively closed down. This is done by certain individuals who for some reason take delight in picking cyber fights with regular posters. These people are known as 'trolls' on the newsgroups. They are persistent and do not work alone. They will target a group and continually back each other up in posting snide and untrue comments about genuine posters. This would sem exactly what this person who calls themself 'Dove Bailif' is trying to do. On the newsgroups eventually the group targeted ceases to have any regualr input and becomes barren. I know that will not happen on here as this is a different type of forum and is moderated. Thankfully.

Kevan

P

Paul Williams

Kevan,
I'm not going to get drawn into the debate other than to say that i don't think DB is one of the "trolls" you describe above.