Sonik Continental SK 15ft Beach Rod

bigperca1

Reaction score
I've been given the chance to buy a Sonik SK 15ft Continental beach rod at a very good price.

can anyone tell me if you have tried this rod and how it performs as a general cleanish ground rod? i like to fish weights around 4oz, ideally with braid.

chav professor

Reaction score
Despite being relatively fresh to the tackle market, Sonik has quickly gained a reputation for producing quality beach casters. I would have to say, I personally do not like or get on well with long continental beach casters - preferring specifically a Century 13ft Tip Tornado. I had to give this rod a lot of thought as it had to suit my style of pendulum cast. being a member of a sea angling club you get to try a lot of blanks.... I have tryed Soniks and they seem light and crisp for the money.

Personally, I would expect the Sonik to perform really well with lightish leads and braid - plus a good overhead thump would put it out a long way.... but why braid on the beach???? I did try it years ago, but preferred not to 'amplify' the interest of crabs to the rod tip, far too much communication.

One of my friends uses a 16ft continental beach caster and 8lb mono, on his day he does some damage on the match circuit and boy, does it send a lead a long way!

If its a good buy... go for it!