Pie-Rates of the Carp and Bream

ROBERT CHESTER

Reaction score
Once again a real cracker. Thanks for all the articles over the year they been great to read.Wishing you and all on FM a merry christmas and a happy new year

The Monk

Reaction score
nice one kevin, I always though deanos was a bit of a Masticator/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

K

Kevin Perkins

Thanks all, but not really a 'classsic' as it was a bit rushed, I'm afraid

AndMerv, you are almost right, but the correct accompanyment to meat pie is Dandelion and Burdock. Living out in the sticks like you do means you have missed some recent developments in Northern sophistication. As you' re aware, drive north past Derby and you have to set your calendars back 25 years, so its 1982 up there.

This means thatNortherners are just about to go all 'yuppy' and the endless re-runs of 'Only Foools and Horses' are providingthem with many valuablelifestyle tips.

When it comes to drinks, young ladies havether own version of 'Flaming Ferraris' known as 'Smouldering Fiesta' and is a delicious blend of Tizer and Drambuie. For the gentlemen, the 'Depth Charge' isreplaced with 'Nuclear Juice' where a shot glass of Sambuccais dropped into a pint of dark mild.

Perhaps my next article should be more regional slanted to include tips on how to fit a Stage II head to a Ford Capri, and how to look good in a shell suit...............

S

Sean Meeghan

Just got back from Doncaster and I can vouch for what Kevin is saying. The more innovative anglers are now fishing in shell suits and people looking remarkably like Doyle and Bodie were screeching around the streets. It was behind the prison though .......

twitch

Reaction score
Kevin, your becoming the Pratchett of angling; another real good piece.

steveo

Reaction score
BRAVO!!...very good and with a serious message too.I,ll make some time to read your other scrip.