BACK AGAIN AFTER 6 MONTHS

Swingtip

Reaction score
hi guys i'mback after a near 6 month forced break from my favorite fishing site. unfortunately i have not been able to take part sincejuly due to illness and believe me it'been absolute agony . i have not don any fishing either but intennd to make up forythat next season when i hope to be at th waters edge EVERY DAY, weather permitting so i shall be looking to you lot for plenty of info about plces togo which are safe for a disabled angler...... because thats what i am now.just writing this is hard work so bear with me if there are silly mistakes. 2 strokes and a brain hemeragge all in one go has tken its toll 1 leg and1armcompletely buggerd and i'mgoing blind in my left eye.got to change my car for a small automatic and take a test sfter 50 years of pushing artics everywherestill could be worse.. God only knows why i'm nt dead . thank youNHS you came up trumps for me. I'VE SEEN THE VERY WORST AND THE VERY BEST OF OUR hospitals and stakk this summer but every day when i wake up i look up to the sky and bless myself for still being here,all i want now is to regain a fair bit ofthe 4 stone i've lost ,back to a teenage years8 stone again, all skin and bone.have joined the disabled angling association alreadyso looking forward to meeting new people thnext year alsoanyFMmembers who want to contact me by email are welcome.have ordered somenew tackle sheakespeare travel9rods and shiman0stradic3000 reels as i intend to spend thewhole year perch fishing starting with tiddlers etc and hopefully a 4 or5 lb couple of beauties to finish withso tackle needs to be light and flexible to cover small live bait castching and heavier line lateron. god bless ebay for money savingto carry lightweight for starters.as my strenth and stammina grows will try reusing my old tackle i would just like to take this oppotunity to thank all my friends and angling buddies for the unswerving support i have received over this year and all the serious offers of help to go fishing in 2008 . your a good bunch.. cheers

a verry happy christmas and great new year to you all at FM.COMpity i can't buy a drink just yet but theres always next yrar god willing bit snookered now so i'll just go thanks lads.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

good to have you back with us mate . and a merry xmas to you too , keep your chin up and remember you have loads of mates on here. Tight lines

F

Fred Bonney

Glad to have you back Roy.Things can only get better.

The Monk

Reaction score
thats terrible mate very sorry to hear about nice, nice to have you back though and I`m sure things can only get better now, happy a great Christmas mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

davie

Reaction score
nice to have you back mate. more fighting spirit in you than a net full of wiley old trout, i wish you well for the future.

Deanos

Reaction score
Absolute respects, you are a brave man. I hope slowly but surely you regain your health and fitness, and are able to keep up your angling over the next season. You are just a bit inspirational....good luck mate....keep posting and tight lines.

Beecy

Reaction score
with determination like that theres bound to be a monster perch out there with your name on it, and you certainly deserve it

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Welcome back Swingtip, keep fishing mate and tight lines! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Welcome back Swingtip, bloody hell mate you've been through it!

Good on ya for staying focused, all you need now is some R+R and a few clonking gurt big perch and I hope you get em /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Merry Christmas.

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry to hear about your strokes, Swingtip. Nasty things they can be and no two ever alike, but I'm glad you made it through and are still fighting! Great spirit and well done so far.

One thing a friend of mine told me who'd had a really bad one, there was little chance of him having a heart attack because of all the drugs and monitoring that he had to go through. So lets hope you do have a fantastic 2008 and get better all the time. Look forward to 2009 as well.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Brilliant attitude Swingtip, my wife suffered a massive stroke 4 years ago at the age of 40. 6 months in hospital and could not walk or talk when she left. With the same attitude as you she now walks herself about, albeit with a leg splint and a bad limp, she can speak enough words to communicate again in company and although progress is slow it is still there 4 years later.

My mate fishes one handed as well, he winds in the fish using the reel handle in his mouth, he is a quite succesful big fish angler and has Carp to 40 plus like this. He lands most of his own fish as well and to see him tying carp rigs one handed is just amazing.

Respect mate great attitude.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I'm sat here with a stinking cold and feeling sorry for myself but after reading your post I guess I'd better count my blessings. Welcome back to FM Swingtip, may all your lines be tight ones.