Rubber nets

Bob Robins

Reaction score
Has anyone out there used the "new" rubber coated landing nets.

I have a problem with the spine on the dorsal fin of common carp catching in the net I am using at present and end up cutting lumps of net away to save stressing the fish.

I live in Spain and the locals cut the spine away rather than the net , but suppose that if they can watch and encourage bullfighting, this would be acceptable behaviour.

Canal King

Reaction score
bob if you buy a better quality net you should'nt have that problem anymore theres no need to but rubber nets

Mad Dog

Reaction score
i use and like rubber landingnets for fish upto 15lbs but after that a quality 42" meshnet is what you need,put the local produce on the fire/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Bob Robins

Reaction score
Canal King
Thanks for your response. Could you advise me of the correct net to use. I am in the UK over Christmas and that would be the ideal opportunity to get one, as I am sure it wouldn't be available in Spain.

W

Wolfman Woody

On your first point, I have had many problems with normal nets in the past getting stuck around a bared primary ray on carp and one on a barbel so no difference there. I have now been using the rubber nets for pike and specimens (not too big) and they are great. If they do get caught, as did the old nets, then cut them and suffer the cost. That was always the case, but at least the new ones dry off a lot quicker and don't hold on to any stink.

On your second point, move to Catalonia. Killing bulls in the ring is banned there.

You see, we can solve any problem thrown at us on FM. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif