Small River Fishing

P

Paul McCabe

Hello.
Just moved to the West Lancs. area and would really appreciate any info. on the small rivers and drains in the vicinity for instance the Douglas, Yarrow and Alt etc. Any info on clubs,tickets, species, tactics would be great. Many Thanks.

D

Dave Feeney

Hi Paul, your not mikes brother by any chance???? we have been having a pretty bad time on the ribble latly, any tips for that stretch of water!!!!!!

P

Paul McCabe

Thanks Eddie-will give Carters a call asap.
Dave yes I'm Mike's brother. Hopefully giving the Ribble a go this week as weather seem to be settled. The days are getting longer- might get a few extra hour's fishing in.I've had a few gruellers on the Ribble but my best days are when I've feedered bread (Scopex)-leave the stick to our Mike (too tiring).Don't expect a bite every cast BUT move swims after an hour if dead.Can you make Tuesday? We'll be making a trip to there get plenty of loaves in and get mashing mate. Cheers Paul.

D

Dave Feeney

Hi paul, mike and my good self will be there on tuesday around walton-le-dale, just hope we don't run in to "sniper" again( your Mike will tell you about him ). I'm pin crazy at the moment so it will be stick for me too, but the feeder will be out if I see you baggin.
Bacon butties at the road side "cafe " just off the M6 around 7.30 o.k.???