DO NOT USE EASYTACKLE.COM

Blunderer

Reaction score
My wife has just informed me that my birthday present may or may not exist. She has spent £400 with a company called Easytackle.com on tackle for me.

She placed the order on November 10th, and the guy phoned back to say they could not do next day delivery but could get the tackle out very quickly. She explained that this was a birthday present and he promised her that the tackle would be delivered before 1st December.

You can probably guess what is next. The money was taken straight from our account. She used a Switch card. There is no sign of the tackle. My wife has rung their number 10 times a day every day and the phone has not been answered once. She has been emailing. No reply.

I have just done some research and apparently lots of people are in the same boat as us - they have ordered product in November/December and have seen or heard nothing. The company are now claiming on their website that their telephones are broken. They have claimed that since November 27th - as if a business would allow their phones to be down for so long! The word on other forums now is that they have gone into liquidation. The shutters are apparently up at their shop.

So we have been scammed and lots of others have. We have no way of recovering this money.

Sorry, but the f**king robbing b**tards.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!

Paul Boyle 2

Reaction score
Bloody bad news,i know someone else who got done the this place about a month ago,my mrs ,s mom lives around the corner from that place,ill keep an eye on it for you,see if anyone is coming and going from the shop,£400 is a little bit to much !

paul

blankety blank

Reaction score
Nothing on their website (that i have found) indicates that the business is run by a limited company. If not, then the individual owners of the business are liable for any non-delivery of goods. They are named on the site.

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
On a good note, I ordered some stuff from Fishtec a couple of weeks ago. I placed the order at about 1pm on the Thursday and my wife phoned me the following day to say it had arrived at 8:30am, very well packed and all that I had ordered.

alan

Reaction score
Blunderer try calling 07946460413, its the mobile that was used by the shop when they registered the domain name. could be a back door way to get to them.

taken from domain: easytackle.com
created: 31-Mar-2003
last-changed: 01-Apr-2007
registration-expiration: 31-Mar-2008

nserver: ns33.1and1.co.uk
nserver: ns34.1and1.co.uk

registrant-firstname: James
registrant-lastname: Morgan
registrant-organization: Memorabilia-Store.com
registrant-street1: Stratford Road
registrant-street2: 9
registrant-pcode: B90 3LU
registrant-city: Solihull
registrant-ccode: GB
registrant-phone: +44.7946460413
registrant-email: james@easytackle.com

Steve Pattinson

Reaction score
I too have been left in the lurch by easytackle. Luckily the goods I ordered were not as expensive as some of the other contributors but after reading this and other threads isn't it about time someone pulled the plug on their links. I have been ordering goods via the internet for as long as I can remember, not just fishing items either, and this is the first time I have either not received the goods or been offered a refund. The communication skills of the company are carp, (not a spelling mistake), and unfortunately I must echo Blunderer's comment of DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. After ordering items on the 14th November and still waiting for them is an absolute disgrace.

W

Wolfman Woody

Never pay by switch or direct debit cards. Always pay with a credit card because they (the credit card company) are responsible for the loss and not you.

Sorry to hear about this Blunderer. Hard way to learn. There's been other threads on FM about them.

steveo

Reaction score
Bad luck Blunder.I got shafted by a different company(aaka military) and luckily for me the CC company is sorting it out......If it dont work out for you go and burn the place down.

Andrew Walker 2

Reaction score
Hi fished a match with the owner of easytackle a few sundays ago and he didn't mention anything about the shop them. I have also being told that his son james has been taken into hospital with meningitus and is seriously ill thats the lad that does the internet ordering.

Blunderer

Reaction score
Andrew

The plot thickens.

On another website someone had spoken to the chap in the unit next door who said that the guy who does the online ordering was ill. If that is the case, then a simple message on their website or their answering machine would at least reassure people like me.

Right now their name is mud and the angling press are chasing them. And I am £400 down.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
If they are unable to process online orders why not just turn off the site, funny that it can still process payments but not orders!

Also strange that the owner has time to go fishing whilst he has a backlog of paid for but not fulfilled orders, maybe he should br looking after his son and dealing with his business, not out on the bank fishing.

S

Steve Eddy

I hope he doesn`t have meningitis obviously you all know its a killer.Good to see your a sympathetic bunch.

W

will spencer

maybe we should have a do not use list on this site.myself and a few others on this site had a problem with telephone tackle now easy tackle.

Rickrod

Reaction score
the lure shack did the same thing too my mate

S

Steve Eddy

A "do not use list" would end up as long as the one that got away.All retailer`s have the odd problem on occasion,if everyone posted them here there`d be nowhere left to shop.

Yes it`s surprising his dads fishing,some strange people out there.Maybe therapeutic.I dunno.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Uncaring? Steve we all have problems in our life, the difference is we don't go ripping people off and using it as an excuse, you must be very naive if you think otherwise.

It isn't rocket science to process an order off a computer, any kid of 5 could do it and if his son is ill then he should do it himself not let innocent customers suffer as a result of his ineptitude.

Steve Holland

Reaction score
I'm always wary of companies advertising on the net. As yet I've not been ripped off as I use 'well known' companies. Plus, as a member of The Tenchfishers I have a list of reputable companies that sponsor the group, so I have double the security there. Just recently ordered off Climax Tackle, excellent service and prices are cheaper than many others.

I do sympathise with the ones that have been ripped off for whatever reason, its a shitty situation to be in. Syrely you could mention it to trading standards, I've found that usually works with some companies.

Best of luck to you all and hope you get your stuff or at least reimbursed.

Blunderer

Reaction score
We aren't going to get anything.

There is still a wall of silence from thsi business - and their website is still taking orders.

What a joke. It seems scandalous that noone can - or will - do anything about this.