Best travel rod?

lobworm

Reaction score
Has anyone any ideas of the best choice travel rods out there?

It will be used for avariety of species but mainly forfreshwaterwork with occasional light sea use.

Thanks in advance.

David Craine

Reaction score
Shimano Exage travel rod, about 2 1/2lb t/c, 11ft, or 9 1/2 ft, (has a small insert to alter the length) I have caught allsorts on it, Barbel,Chub, smallish sharks, Dorade, Snapper, Pike, Rays, Mackerel, Bass, Wrasse, Moray eel,Yellowtail ,Blowfish, Sand Whiting, Flathead, etc etc etc

The rod has been all lover the world in my suitcase/holdall, never let me down , cant reccomend it highly enough.

E

EC

Agree with the 2 blokes above, the 7-8 footer is an outrageous bit of kit for 50quid.

gerry h

Reaction score
Just look to the left i've done a couple of reveiws,depending where i go depends which ones go in the case ,the exage spinning great for light work ,and the trekkers (i got 2) are spot on for carp and even a bit of sea work ,there is always a least one in case 200 days a year

Eimantas Ulrikas

Reaction score
tackleshop took 2 weeks to post my great exige spinning rod /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif but its one of the best rods i've ever owned. And you can take it on a bus, and no one will notice, if you can get small landing net /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif