Talking about fishing.......

njb51

Reaction score
I like hearing fishing stories and generally how fishing sessions went.

I think what bores me most though, is when people start talking about how they changed their hooklength from 0.04 to 0.03mm (for example), which made all the difference. Just little, insignificant things which people spend way too much time fretting over!

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

that little insignificant thing cought the guy some fish ,which he might not have cought , So not realy so insignificant eh,prob why that guy catches fish and you dont.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

But if You caught some fish and I didn't. That could mean that I need to change down to a 0.03 mm hooklength instead of staying on 0.04 mm. But if it was the other way around, and I caught some fish and you didn't. That could mean that you need to change down to a 0.03 hooklength instead of staying on a 0.04 hooklength.

B

yes baz but if we were both on 0.03 and we both didnt catch fish we would then both have to change to 0.04. there again perhaps its the white maggots were both useing maybe they like red ones. lol

B

on a serious note just saying that little things do make a difference, and we shouldnt discard this as nonsence.

W

Wolfman Woody

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ......... ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ...................... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ .................... <u>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!</u>

F

Fred Bonney

All I can say,is if people want to talk about insignificant things,let them get on with it.

Me?

I just go fishing...sometimes.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

The thing is Bob, that yes we could both indeed be useing a 0.03 hooklength and not catching. We might both be useing a white maggot, but if we both changed to a smaller maggot, it might all depend on if the fish like a smaller maggot with a 0.03 hooklength or two small maggots on a 0.04 hooklength. Also, it might be better to use a small red maggot on a 0.03 hooklength rather than one red and one white maggot on a 0.04 hooklength.

The Monk

Reaction score
the art of good watercraft is paying attention to the minutest detail, its the difference between that will do and lets try to get it right

B

ah yes baz but ,what if we were useing 1 big red maggot and1 small whiteone on 00.3 but the bloody hook was too big.would we have to change to a bigger hook or smaller, thats the question.

twitch

Reaction score
Jonny, if that kind of thing wasn't put into books, mags & papers they'd be reduced to an A4 newsletter.