Bloody 'MICE'

brewery boy

Reaction score
Any ideas? Ive got mice in me tackle shed again!,

Plugged in one of those pulse emitting anti vermin things!,

Put down rat / mouse pellets (looks like blue wheat to me)!,

Baited 3 of them new black plastic traps !,

NONE of these are very successful they ignore my plug-in thingy, Run off with the blue wheat and set off the traps and escape with my best dairy milk!.

SO ANY OTHER WAYS OF DEALING WITH 'EM' WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

captain carrott

Reaction score
Dynamite ora flame thrower usually work, but not always.

have you tried moving house. or buying a few dozen cats.

blankety blank

Reaction score
My mate the pest controllers says:

Ignore fancy new traps, use a "little Nipper" wooden traditional style trap.

Use much less bait that you might think. You just want to cover the spike. A very small piece of Madeira cake works surprisingly well.

Set up a "run" for the trap.I did this with paint tins, making a little alley for the mouse to go down, and covered it over with old magazines.

Worked immidiately.

The most common mistake is using too big a bait. This causes the mouse to be able to rob your trap. Sounds like it might be your problem.

Reaction score
I recently caught 9 over a weekend using 2 black plastic traps baited with a blob of peanut butter. Not had any since. I put the poion wheat down incase of a return but it hasn't been touched.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

If they've run off with the blue wheat then they're dead or dying slowly some where. The blue wheat always works for me for both rats and nice. I place all my rat poison in drain pipes along the wall sides and behind my fridge and freezer.

J K

Reaction score
I've got some of the blue rat/mice poison put down and some traps baited with butter.

If you use something like butter it can't come off the trap. It seems to be working.

brewery boy

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!.

I like theidea of setting up arun tolure them in!,

Matt,have they never set your trap off without being caught?

John, allthough i use poisoni'm not keen on the idea of dead mice behind cupboards etc,

I'd prefer to retrieve all the dead one's.

Again thanks........................ANY MORE IDEA'S ????????.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You walk into the kitchen and think to yourself, did I just see something dart across the floor? Naaaah I'm imagining things.

Then you think, What was that? Did I just hear something? Naaah, it's just the radiators.

And then you get a whiff of that dank musky smell of mouse pi$$. YES. They are back okay. I am told if they are in the shed, then leave them alone or they will go somewhere else. Usually your house.

W

Wolfman Woody

A claymoor mine.

Tried bouncing betties, but they explode over their heads.

captain carrott

Reaction score
poison indeed some people are just not taking this task seriously, now claymore mine is much more like it.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

brewery boy, all my fishing gear is outside in an old shipon andI cheek my tubes regularly, we have three cats and two dogs in the house so no problem there with mice. It's always at this time of the year when the rats and mice look for somewhere warm and dry once it gets cold and their natural food runs out.

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
If you know someone who hasferrets ask him to borrow a hob for a night or 2 and let him run your shed having made sure there is nopwhere for him to get out because they can get through a thimble. The mice will very quickly vacate as soon as they smell him.

If you know someone but he wont lend you a ferret then ask him for somesoiled latrine bedding and put a little of that on a saucer in the corners of your shed.

Pet shops often sell ferrets these days and if you explain the situation Im sure they would provide you with a dollop or two if you dont know anyone lol.

Guaranteed to clear your mice. Trust me Im a doctor /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Mr. Boy or may I call you Brewery,

Matt,have they never set your trap off without being caught?

So far NO. The mice were caught across the neck square on with there nose just touching the peanut butter (ouch).

If your traps are being set of then maybe its rats! Get bigger traps.

If you use poison, as already mentioned, you don't know where they are going to die. The could die in your house some where inaccessible (cavity wall or sub floor). Mice don't seem to small this time of year, but you'll know about it if a rat dies as they eat all kinds of crap.

Note: Rats are neophobic - they are weary of anything new. If you introduce a new trap then they will probably stay clear of it for a few days - you just have to leave it alone.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Mr. Boy or may I call you Brewery, INDEED! It's no other than BB you know.

F

Frothey

tuna does the trick on traps.....

they seem to like pva as well - cleaned out my emergency supply!

brewery boy

Reaction score
Hello all, Thanks for your help...

Ive set up an alley (rat run!) with two traps back to back in it Hopefully that will get the little bugger's.

Bye for now BB

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
I had trouble with rats in the garden. I saw 1 of them sitting in a hanging basket swinging backwards and forwards, cheeky little sod. I couldnt put neck snapper traps down as we get other wild life in the garden so I got a humane trap and baited it with peanut butter. Ive caught several in the trap then its just a matter of dropping the trap into an old dustbin full of water and see if they can hold their breath while Im at work...

Steve Holland

Reaction score
I had a similar problem a couple of years back. I first noticedx when a landing net was 90% devoured followed by a 2kg bag of donkey choker pellets, greedy barstewards! I set up traps in the garage and in the loft (I live in a bungalow). When I went to check on the traps they were missing! Obviously not mice must be rats I said to me sen. So, purchased some Big Nipper traps and that worked for awhile, but was kept awake most nights by the furry buggers running amok in the loft. So, I bought some decent rat poison and a tub of peanut butter. I set a few piles in the areas where I sussed they were coming from plus a load in the loft (they cheeky sods had even gnawed through the breeze block walls!) so these areas had a liberal dosing of peanut butter a la arsenic. Problem solved. We had a couple turn up in october and the poison still works as I found them 'brown bread' near me Red band seed bin! The only downside initially was every now and again you'd here a dead one falling down the cavity in the wall followed a week or 2 later by the ominous stench of a rotting corpse. That only lasted a few days, so yeah, rodent free now!

Still cant believe the greedy sods had a whole 2kg packet of pellets (24mm).!!!!!!!!!!!!!!