Latest News about our Ron

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Just spoke to Ron and he sounds in fine fettle.

The Monk's been to see him today and taken him a few copies of Waterlog which he's enjoying reading.

I gave him Peter's message about the phone and gave him all our regards which he returns.

He was telling me how much he enjoyed his trip to the Idle and that it had done him more good than all the medicine he's had. But we knew that anyway, judging by the big grin on his face when he went home.

Just a pity he forgot to tell them at the home he was going out and got us all in trouble/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Good news Graham, hopefully the old stager will be up and around again soon.I misshis little missives about SA!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I misshis little missives about SA!

Like piles Nigel. However you are correct in that it will be nice to have him back.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

How did he get out then? Was it a tunnel under the floorboards? Hopefully he will be telling us very soon.

F

Frothey

havent looked in much lately, but noticed the smell of stake wee had gone..... get back on here soon ron, its like walking into a CAMRA pub with no arran sweaters and pipe smoke!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Maybe it was the medicine we gave him Graham./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif....a few pints, a whisky and a huge dose of laughter/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
Thanks Graham, yes we went out to Wentworth for something to eat, he looks quite well although still a little problem with his balance, I think he is pretty board in there though and itching to get out/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

Bill Cox

I wish he would hurry up and come back , Its torture being nice to him.

Get well soon Ron while i still have my sanity./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

B

Bully

LoL Bill !!

Glad to hear he is doing well. I'm off skiing for a week, then Christmas etc so will not be on FM for some time.......

.......so if you plug in soon Ron, or someone prints all this lot off.......have a good one and come back sooooooon.

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Take your time, but get well soon.

You did look pretty well up at the JD weekend, those girls !!!

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Nice to see Ron on the mend.../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

T

Tony" the white van man" Clay

Been to see Ron today and walked with him just along the road to the shop so he could draw some money out. He seemed ok and like Monk said hestill had a problem with his balance. When we came back he sat in his chair and I had taken him someclothes. The next thing was Ron's head fell on his hands and he was holding his head saying he had got a headache. His head went back and his arms and legs started trembling and his breathing got shallow and the colour drained from his face and his eyes were rolling. I shouted to the nurse and she came and took one look at him and rang for the ambulance.

The paramedics came and one of them came to speak to me after they had examined him and said to me that Ron had either had another mini stroke or probably a heart attack. They wanted more tests on him so they took him to the hospital again. In the meantimeI left the home and went to see to my father whose eyesight had deteriorated these past few days. Because we got late back to my father's house he had his tablets all over the table and was confused with them - so that was another problem I had to sort out.

Later on this afternoon I rang the hospital and they said they hadn't found anything wrong with Ron's heart andhe was taken back to Rothwel Grange. We rang the home again and we got a report from the staff saying that the doctor from the hospital said it isn't wise to take him out yet because he has not fully recuperated from this first mini stroke and Ron has been overdoing things and has to rest in his room.

So come on all out there Ron is not ready for going out yet even though he might give you that impression.

Joe Armstrong

Reaction score
Went to see our Ron yesterday and took him some clothes. He asked if I could take him to the shop and he wanted to draw some money out of the cash machine. He walked with his stick and although he was still a bit unbalanced he walked quite well - he walked faster than me with my gout. When we got back we were talking and Ron put his head in his hands and said he had a headache and his hands started shaking and his eyes started rolling. I called for a nurse and she tried to speak to him but he couldn't hear her and so she called for an ambulance. The paramedics came and examined him and they thought he had had another mini stroke or heart attack. They were speaking to him and took him to hospital for further tests. I had to go and see to my dad whose eyesight had deteriorated the past few days and he couldn't see. I rang the hospital a couple of hours later and the staff told me that they were discharging Ron back to Rothwel Grange. He was told he should rest for a few days and not walk about on his own.

The doctor thought he had been overdoing things by going out on these day trips which he wasn't ready for. He isn't recuperated enough from his mini stroke. The fish-in on Saturday was on a very cold day and although Ron enjoyed himself he exhausted himself at the end of the day and this isn't good for him. He was out of the nursing home at 6.30 am.Nick Melling came over on Thursday and took him for a short run out as well.You have all got good intentions of getting him well. The doctor at the hospital told me he needs to take things easier so please by all means keep in contact with him but don't take him out on these cold days or it could lead to more serious things happening to him.

Tony - Ron's brother

B

Bill Cox

Really sorry to hear that Tony, lets hope no lasting damage done. Tell the old codger he has to take it easy wether he likes it or not.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Indeed very sad news.....and I really thought he was on the mend......come on Ron you must get better real soon.....who else can I have a sing song with?/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

I'm sorry to say,that if what Ron is suffering what I believe an old collegue of mine suffered,he will take a long time to overcome these mini strokes.

I wish him well, as always, but, there is no quick way back,and I bet Ron knows that.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Tony .These are fair comments you have made and i must confess to being the guilty party in that it was me who picked him up at what was possibly an unearthly hour given his condition. However when i visited him earlier the same week he was up for it and really looking forward to seeing his friends and also being on hand to pay homage to his great friend John Ledger. Although it was a cold and miserable day i can assure you Ron remained in the pub accompanied by some freinds that didnt fish and he was neither lonely or miserable. Although it was a long day for him we called at the chippy for some supper and i left him at the home in good spirits so i think the day did him good mentally if not so good phisically. I can assure you he faired better having attented than if he hadnt been there

Mick Howson..