My First Christmas Fish-in

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

All the pictures,about100 of them, are in the Gallery. I've left the Gallery 'open' so that anyone else with pictures from the fish-in can add theirs to this album.

S

Shrek

Please can I have a signed copy of the "Monica with Fudge" picture?

Paul Boyle 2

Reaction score
hehe reminds me of that film one flew over the cookoo,s nest/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Looks like a great time was had by all.Hopefully it is now a regular event in the FM community calendar.

W

Wolfman Woody

And well done Monica. Nice piece!

The writing! The writing I was talking about!

captain carrott

Reaction score
lokks like you all enjoyed yerselves.

jaysus steve you must have had a hard life mate.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
A brlliant write up by moniiccccaaaaa .
dt.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

It's incredible how lifelike they look now! but i told you the mouth "O" was a dead give away!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Cracking write up Moniccccccccccca but you missed the pics with the eel out/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

It was an awesome fish in and it was great to have seen so many who went through all the trouble to travel quite a distance to fish the Idle in memory of JL.

It was the first time I have met Ron but we hit it off right from the beginning and it was heart warming to seen him enjoying himself immensely.

Beecy a great thanks for organising this fish in, it was one of a kind.

Monica,

Great to have met you, I hope we see more of you in the future on our little fish ins.

Wendi,

Haven't you told Steve that Steak does not make good pike bait?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done Monica that was a lovely write-up.

The day was all about JL and I felt at one stage he was sat behind me telling me to get that feeder out of the water and get back on the float, "you soft Southern whimp!" (probably stronger words than that!)

I honestly sat there laughing to myself, I couldn't feel my right hand, then I looked up at Mick. He was stood up behind his umbrella running his stick through like a champion, I was a soft Southern whimp sat on my box with my feeder out...........Good on you Mick.

Monica was up and down the bank all day long like a good un with her camera (ask Graham for a thermal suite next time Monica, I loved your wellies) I had a phone call from my missus Wendiat one stage "come and have a look I've got a pike" so I legged it to her swim, only to find it had jumped out of the net when she had her back turned, so no photo.

It was great to see Ron, we had a very interesting chat about a revolution and the monarchy, so watch out when he gets back, he is right on form! We also put some more faces to names (Chav, Beecy, Cat, and Billy) it was great to meet you all.

I packed up at 2pm as my 3 gudgeon weren't going make the frame, then we hit the bar! Fatigue obviously overcame me! A 3.15am start and 200 mile drive took their toll on me, plus the bottle of red that Mark Hewitt stuck in front of me!

It was a fantastic weekend, thanks to Beecy and Mick for organising it.

Next year I will take it apart on the float, just for John/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

S

Steve King

Lovely write up Monica! I am really sorry I couldn't make this fish-in! Yeah -not a lot of fish caught, but it looks like you all had a great time!

I

Ian Cloke

Wonderful write-up Monica, looks like I missed a great day.....

Reaction score
A great write up Monica and superb photo`s ," Miss Piggy" Steve and his steak , Ron and Claudia playing up and you got a rare shot of Mcwallets wallet ( that will be worth money in years to come ) and of course yourself , a bit of a poser I think ./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Claudia: "Cracking write up Moniccccccccccca but you missed the pics with the eel out."

The eel pics are in the gallery - just click on the link at the bottom of the article and troll through the near 100 shots and you'll find them.

Monica's poses by the way were for Brummie's benefit, we made her pose so Claudia could send them to Brummie via text messages.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Oops sorry boss must have over looked that one...thanks

Not to forget that brummi thought it was Moniccccccca texting him lol

Sorry Yam Yam....hope I haven't shattered your dream of you having Monicas number/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I think Monica's got Brummie's number well and truly sussed/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

LOL............I knew i was being stitched some way.

Good job i'm a gentleman and wouldn't have thought of abusing the number i had in my phone..............well at least not whilst i thought it was Moniccacacacac's, as you can verifiy my ickle stein carrier.

But now i know who's it is.......muhahahaha /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I'll be up for the next fish-in, Oi Townsend, you errrrr, staying over???????

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Want to hear him scream your name in person Wol?