what can i use

mark baalham

Reaction score
Hi guys my son and i have just started fishing and have to say we love it.(wish i had started years ago). The question is i have been reading magazines such as iycf and would like to know if i want to use a running feeder do i have to use a feeder rod or can i use my waggler rod.I know that on a feeder rod bite indication is via the rod tip i was wondering if a float would work instead.As we are new this will be the first of many question we will ask.Thanks for any help Mark./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

twitch

Reaction score
You may find a feeder rod better suited to the style of fishing you want to pursue. However, you can use a float with a feeder as a kind of float ledgering technique.

K

keith buckley

I fully agree with twitch. You will however be limited in the size of feeder you can use if you are using a float rod,

It might be cheaper in the long run to buy a designated feeder rod rather than risk damaging your float rod./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Mark,

Take a browse through the Beginners Essentials & First Class fishing articles on here and many of your questions will be answered.

I'd go along with the advice that a proper medium feeder rod is the best bet. Something like a Shimano Hyperloop medium feeder is excellent value and will do the job far better than abusing a float rod.

mark baalham

Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for the replys as you have said i will probably buy a feeder rod.I will take your advice mark and browse through the Beginners Essentials articles now. Thanks once again Mark .

rep

Reaction score
There is a float on the market for feeding I think it's called a torpedo float you may find that useful