Views sought on Environment Agency performance

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<u>PRESS RELEASE</u>

<u></u><u>Views sought on Environment Agency performance.</u>

The National Association of Fisheries and Angling Consultatives (NAFAC) is seeking the views of anglers, clubs, and fishery owners with regard to how effective they believe the Environment Agency carries out it’s fisheries responsibilities.

A questionnaire, which was recently circulated to all NAFAC members has now been included in the NAFAC website, www.nafac.co.uk, and can be downloaded by anyone. Everyone with an interest in angling or fishery management is invited to complete the form and return it to NAFAC.

NAFAC Executive Chairman, Martin Read, commented, ‘The Environment Agency is often criticised for it’s actions, or the lack of them, over the range of it’s responsibilities, yet they claim that their own surveys show that 80% of anglers are satisfied with their performance. Our survey asks some detailed questions and we are asking those with an interest in fisheries to answer them accurately and candidly in order to provide a wide ranging overall view. We will be discussing our finding with the Agency, good or bad, when the results have been correlated.’

T

Tony Rocca

Hmmm,

So we have Michael Heylin on t'other threadsaying he fancies the new governing body (if its created) being the licensing authority for angling and NAFAC sending out questionairs asking how good is the EA.

If they take the licensing money the whole of the EA fisheries function comes with it as the money is ring fenced.

Isnt going to happen, would need massivechanges to primary legislation.

Or am I reading between lines wrong?

honslow

Reaction score
Things are afoot. Movements for change begin with the first step. Sorry, shocking cliche!

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA)

Tony,

Your thoughts and mine were exactly the same.

I have downloaded the questionnaire but am now considering whether or not to complete it and send it off.

F

Fred Bonney

It doesn't matter anyway Peter,your thoughts wouldn't count, you're not a member!