MONO LINES

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
I've just had an interesting few minutes reading a thread on Reflo line. I personally use it and haven't had any issues with it, but clearly some have had a bad experience with this stuff.

Most people know that mono line will deteriorate (weaken and be prone to twisting) if exposed to heat or extended periods of sunlight (UV) - or perhaps they don't! I store my reels indarkness and my bulk spools of line are kept in a dark, cool cupboard. Inadequate or inappropriate storage might be the problem with line degrading but I would have thought that both the individual and the line manufacturers would be keen to find out exactly why some are unhappy with the products. My advice is tostow your line properly when not in use, NEVER buy line from the tackle shop if it is racked in direct sunlight and ALWAYS return suspect line to the tackle shop or manufacturer. It's only by doing this you get to the bottom of why line is sub standard and, if there is a problem with 'bad batches', the manufacturers can get to grips with it and decide whether the problem lies with the manufacturing process or poor storage by individuals or tackle shops.

S

Sean Meeghan

I've used Reflo a lot and I haven't had any problems with it. I always use spade end hooks with it, I use a 2 turn water knot for joining it to my main line, Ibuy new line everyseason. A lot of the 'bad batch' issues are down to the wrong knot and old line.