Why we can't always blame

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
T

Tony Rocca

Watched loads trying to get up a weir on the Derbyshire Derwent the other week, natural spawny time behaviour.........lets start a "no tostillwater trout" campaign.

S

Shrek

Saw this on another forum.

Looks more like the trout are being stocked into the water down a pipe and it just looks like they are trying to swim up it.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
You're joking aren't you Graham?? There'll be one of the forum's right wingers along in a minute to tell us that the poor old trout are having to leave because the Eastern Europeans have stolen all of the caddis larvae and daphnia.... /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Doesn't look Photoshopped to me (though I appreciate it can be hard if not impossible to tell).

Why wouldn't trout try and do that is my question?

It's instinct to head upstream againt the flow and that water from the pipe to them mimics a weir or small waterfall.

I'm well prepared to accept that the photo is real.

Paul C

Reaction score
I reckon the trout are having to leave cos the EE's have stolen all the caddis larvae and daphnia. What does everyone else reckon?

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

If only there were some overall angling society to regulate photoshopping and the EE theft of caddish larvae and daphtia...

(Runs for the hills, tin hat on..... )

B

Bill Cox

we all like to get back up the shute now and again, trout are no different.