Six Months in India

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Reading of fishing storys in a foreign land, usually make my blood run cold. But you have given us much more than fishing on the first part of your journey. Well done Ric.

F

Fred Bonney

I'm much the same Baz,usually skip them, now in the comics.

This however, was a different story,thanks Ric.

The Monk

Reaction score
Phew dosent it make you sick, i love forgeign travel and fishing abroad, not that i do much of it these days, india for 6 month, you lucky sod Ric, hope it rains/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

S

Stevie 12345

Good story Ric look forward to hearing the rest, you have done what most of us wonder about doing, well all except Baz but hes a miserable t@at.

Incidentally Ric ive just finished a book called Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts and although its got nothing to do with fishing it is based in India and its by far the best book I have ever read. If you see it anywhere I would pick it up as it may bring back some moments of nostagia for you.

Before reading the book If im honest I wouldnt have given India a second thought but after reading it I wouldnt mind a little adventure myself. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

G

Ged

Nice one Ric.

Enjoyed your adventures when reading your theads earlier in the year, never knowing what was going to happen next.

Looking forward to reading your next chapter.

S

Sean Meeghan

Nice one Ric! Makes me regret not making time for the Cauvery last time I was in Bangalore.....

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

good stuff Ricky boy keep em coming!

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

P.S Monk wants to know how easy it is to make friends as in pic 2./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

eric hall

Reaction score
Great article, I have been lucky enough to have fished in quite a few exotic places, although not in India. How did you find the Wychwood rod? I normally use the Shimano Exage range, but have been interested in the Wychwood ones but haven't heard much about them.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies!

Stevie, I'm 3/4 through reading Shantaram. Undoubtedly this bloke has a massive ego, but to read his lifestory was amazing.I can relate to some of the places he refers to in Mumbai, I stayed in one of the hotels, and drank in one of the bars. I agree with you, it's the best book I've ever read.

Phil, please tell the Monk that making friends as in the picture is pretty difficult in India (but not impossible/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. There is a solution at hand though: Take an inexpensiveflight to Bangkok. After that,but only if you have the energy, make your way to Cambodia. Enough said I think.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Truely wonderful reading ric,can`t wait to read about the next leg of your adventures.

A couple of questions....can you give us some idea about the averagecost of a weeks fishing/stay etc... and can you offer any advice on flights to india and the region you visited???

Reaction score
Ric,

Great article mate. As always very jealous, it looks like I won't make it back to India until at least April now.Unfortunately all of my 'savings'(nearly 1000 quid) were tied up in unpaid invoices from Midland Angler, and it now looks increasingly unlikely that I will ever get paid /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Nick,

I'm currently working on part 3 of my mahseer articles and it will be full of the type of info you are after. Should be on FM by mid-January.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Eh, Ric my boy, good to see your back safe and sound, great article im jealous, but now you can get back to some real fishing in real weather.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
****y......Dude!

£1000.00 in unpaid invoices!!!

Dude

Dude

Three months tops!!

Oh even I feel sick for you!....At least I got a spool of line for the one I did for Tom!

Dude!

Reaction score
Hey up Lee,

If only I could get three months off work, I usually only manage 2-3 weeks these days.

Did you ever manage to sort yourself a trip to India mate?

Lee Swords

Reaction score
No , Had to buy a car...Ours died!

Three months off work would be great, wouldn't it....What I mean to sat though is don't let your invoicing go over three months.

I hope something can be sorted out though with those titles as they are very high quality reads.

Reaction score
Doh, get you mean now!

Mmmm, sore point! All invoices were 'payment in 30 days', theyjust got ignored /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

To be honest though Lee, I'd happily lose the dosh to see them back on the shelves. We desparatelyneed regional angling magazines, the southern so-called 'nationals' just don't reflect the fishing of the majority of people.

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit Ric /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

John McLaren

Good to here more of your trip Ric, keep safe and best wishes for what's to come.